Games won't use GPU at all

My games (even a basic 3D game) don't ever use the GPU. As a result, every game works at 6-10fps. I have set my Nvidia gt 710 as the default but it doesn't seem to solve it.

Specs

Ryzen 3 2200G (3.5Ghz 4 cores, 4 threads)

16GB (8x2) DDR4 2400Mhz RAM

MSI GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR3

ASUS Prime A320M-K

However every other 3D application (like Aurora, 3d Paint) seems to work fine. I updated the Nvidia drivers but it's still unsolved. Please help!!

The iGPU in the 2200G is faster than the 710. So i dont see why you would be using the 710. Its woth noting that the gt 710 is a very slow GPU

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

The iGPU in the 2200G is faster than the 710. So i dont see why you would be using the 710. Its woth noting that the gt 710 is a very slow GPU

I only bought it so as to fill the requirements of dedicated VRAM for certain games. I've changed the defaults to use Vega 8 but the games still dont use any GPU. :(

Ryzen 3 2200G APU outperforms the GT 710... it's doing you far more harm then good being on this system, just get it out, DDU in safe mode and install AMD's Vega 8 drivers fresh new and use it instead.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

Ryzen 3 2200G APU outperforms the GT 710... it's doing you far more harm then good being on this system, just get it out, DDU in safe mode and install AMD's Vega 8 drivers fresh new and use it instead.

But will it solve the issue? Because I had the same problem without the GT 710 and Vega 8 drivers (last updated 2 days ago).

2 minutes ago, pandyan446 said:

I only bought it so as to fill the requirements of dedicated VRAM for certain games. I've changed the defaults to use Vega 8 but the games still dont use any GPU. :(

also assign in bios 2 gbs to the vega8 gpu, get in bios and do that, usually it only takes 512 or 1 gb by itself but you have enough ram

4 minutes ago, pandyan446 said:

Consider returning it and upgrading your memory. Your iGPU in the 2200G is tapping into your system's 16GB of DDR4 for video memory. This is faster and more abundant than the 2GB of DDR3 on the GT 710, that I assume isn't even being used since you're rendering from the 2200G. 

These Ryzen + Vega APUs scale well in gaming with faster memory

But will it solve the issue? Because I had the same problem without the GT 710 and Vega 8 drivers (last updated 2 days ago).

you should have gone like Ryzen 3 1200 and a RX560, you'd be able to play anything you want hassle free... you completely wasted money buying a GT710 in the first place and since you feel you need a dGPU the 2200G APU is being wasted as well.

Always ask for help before making a purchase, not afterwards.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, SPARTAN VI said:

Consider returning it and upgrading your memory. Your iGPU in the 2200G is tapping into your system's 16GB of DDR4 for video memory. This is faster and more abundant than the 2GB of DDR3 on the GT 710, that I assume isn't even being used since you're rendering from the 2200G. 

These Ryzen + Vega APUs scale well in gaming with faster memory

No, GT 710 does render properly for basically any other application that's not a game. So does 2200G yet whenever I start a game it magically seems to switch off and I only play games for leisure so this annoys a lot more.

8 minutes ago, pandyan446 said:

Unplug the gt 710 and download Radeon drivers.

Also the vega 8 in the 2200G can utilize 2GB of Vram when you set it in BIOS. 

So you completely wasted the loney on the gt 710.

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

you should have gone like Ryzen 3 1200 and a RX560, you'd be able to play anything you want hassle free... you completely wasted money buying a GT710 in the first place and since you feel you need a dGPU the 2200G APU is being wasted as well.

Always ask for help before making a purchase, not afterwards.

Actually I can buyback/return the products for 30 days so I'm covered in that aspect. As for gaming, I only ever play light games and do not intend to play any AAA ones.

1 minute ago, pandyan446 said:

No, GT 710 does render properly for basically any other application that's not a game. So does 2200G yet whenever I start a game it magically seems to switch off and I only play games for leisure so this annoys a lot more.

Just unplug the 710. And plug your display into the motherboard 

The 710 doesnt do anything the 2200G allready does. Except the 2200G is better doing it

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Unplug the gt 710 and download Radeon drivers.

Also the vega 8 in the 2200G can utilize 2GB of Vram when you set it in BIOS. 

So you completely wasted the loney on the gt 710.

I am going to do this tomorrow, if it works without the GT 710 then I'll simply return the product. I'm just unsure why the games don't even use 1% of the GPU (the utilization is always at 0%).

I am going to do this tomorrow, if it works without the GT 710 then I'll simply return the product. I'm just unsure why the games don't even use 1% of the GPU (the utilization is always at 0%).

Probably because they default to the Vega 8 because gt 710 is afaik is slower than current intel iGPU

Just to put into comparison

Edit: Vram issue btw can be fixed by giving the iGPU more in the BIOS.

the 710 is maybe the worst graphics card ever created? The vega 8 integrated graphics are a supersonic jet compared to it

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Probably because they default to the Vega 8 because gt 710 is afaik is slower than current intel iGPU

Just to put into comparison

Edit: Vram issue btw can be fixed by giving the iGPU more in the BIOS.

I have changed the dedicated VRAM to 2GB in BIOS but it doesnt reflect in the adapter properties, it only says shared video memory at 7GB.

1 minute ago, pandyan446 said:

I have changed the dedicated VRAM to 2GB in BIOS but it doesnt reflect in the adapter properties, it only says shared video memory at 7GB.

games and software should reqognise that youve got 2GB reserved for the Vega 8. and youve got all the drivers for the vega 8?

27 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

the 710 is maybe the worst graphics card ever create

GT210 xD'

Seriously the thing about is that it's not a graphics card, it's a display adapter.

Personal Desktop":