Ram memory overclock result

Hello i tried to overclock my ram memory HyperX 32GB KIT DDR4 2400MHz CL15 to get better frequency to use with i9 9900K.  My result is: 3200mhz 17-18-18-36 or is it better to leave it at 3111Mhz 16-16-16-36 ? Mobo Rog Maximus Apex. Thank you

Depends on use case, gaming 3111mhz, productivity 3200mhz.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

Memory OC is super finicky. What may seem stable under stress tests and most programs may actually be what causes you to crash in one specific program. It's difficult to declare an overclock definitely stable. In this case, I would take the slight frequency hit for the lower latency. Your effective latency is a function of both your memory clock and your latency settings.

6 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Depends on use case, gaming 3111mhz, productivity 3200mhz.

I don't think this really makes sense

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Froody129 said:

Memory OC is super finicky. What may seem stable under stress tests and most programs may actually be what causes you to crash in one specific program. It's difficult to declare an overclock definitely stable. In this case, I would take the slight frequency hit for the lower latency. Your effective latency is a function of both your memory clock and your latency settings.

I don't think this really makes sense

Gaming doesn't care much about bandwidth whereas it loves low latency, on the other hand most productivity workloads don't care about latency much but like high bandwidth. Makes sence to me :)

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.