Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arcana

New to IOS regarding of Charging tips

22 hours ago, Arcana said:

Hello guys, New to iOS i saw that there a battery health percentage currently using iPhone X, how to conserved the battery percentage of my Phone, and how to properly charged it?, Should i go charge fully to 100% Everyday? or theres a decent proper way to charged it for long lasting battery percentage :)

Use iOS app called "BatteryAlarm". It'll start warning you at desired charge level. I keep mine at 80% and charge it when I'm around so when it's charged to 80%, it starts making a noise and I take it off my Qi charger.

 

Worst scenario for battery is getting battery charged up to 100% in the evening and since chargers usually do it very quickly coz people want quick charging, so battery is probably 100% charged around or before midnight and then sits for 6+ hours at 100% charge which is bad. Doing it few times is nothing, but doing this every day or every other day and it'll degrade battery faster. Same goes for low battery.

 

Apple will mitigate this as first vendor I've ever seen to date in iOS 13 by employing battery limiter. Phone will charge to 80% and stay that way till morning where it'll top it up last moment before you usually wake up or start using it. So it'll stay at healthy 80% through entire night and charge remaining 20% right before you wake up. It'll monitor your habits to automate this feature.

 

I was initially hoping it'll allow me to force limit it to 80% no matter what, but apparently I'll have to continue using BatteryAlarm app for my way of using it.

 

I'm not super heavy user and 80% charge usually keeps my iPhone XR running for 2 days which is pretty neat. So far I only charged it to 100% twice lol. Once when I forgot to run BatteryAlarm and once because I needed it to work as long as possible so I just let it charge to 100%.

 

You can also use BatteryAlarm to notify you when it hits 100% charge if you set it so, in case you want to charge it fully and then head out, without having to constantly check on it. Pretty useful app.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys, New to iOS i saw that there a battery health percentage currently using iPhone X, how to conserved the battery percentage of my Phone, and how to properly charged it?, Should i go charge fully to 100% Everyday? or theres a decent proper way to charged it for long lasting battery percentage :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO: Don't worry about it. By the time your battery goes bad you'll probably be looking to upgrade to a new one anyways...


~Air Cooling Advocate~

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I do just in general is charge devices to around 80% and then stop charging them. I think it improves how long batteries last but I'm not 100% sure.


How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrade and 2020 RAM upgrade and 2020 HDD upgrade) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 (2020) ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 6TB HDD (2020) , NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 hours ago, Votivee said:

IMO: Don't worry about it. By the time your battery goes bad you'll probably be looking to upgrade to a new one anyways...

 

21 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What I do just in general is charge devices to around 80% and then stop charging them. I think it improves how long batteries last but I'm not 100% sure.

i see thanks alot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
22 hours ago, Arcana said:

Hello guys, New to iOS i saw that there a battery health percentage currently using iPhone X, how to conserved the battery percentage of my Phone, and how to properly charged it?, Should i go charge fully to 100% Everyday? or theres a decent proper way to charged it for long lasting battery percentage :)

Use iOS app called "BatteryAlarm". It'll start warning you at desired charge level. I keep mine at 80% and charge it when I'm around so when it's charged to 80%, it starts making a noise and I take it off my Qi charger.

 

Worst scenario for battery is getting battery charged up to 100% in the evening and since chargers usually do it very quickly coz people want quick charging, so battery is probably 100% charged around or before midnight and then sits for 6+ hours at 100% charge which is bad. Doing it few times is nothing, but doing this every day or every other day and it'll degrade battery faster. Same goes for low battery.

 

Apple will mitigate this as first vendor I've ever seen to date in iOS 13 by employing battery limiter. Phone will charge to 80% and stay that way till morning where it'll top it up last moment before you usually wake up or start using it. So it'll stay at healthy 80% through entire night and charge remaining 20% right before you wake up. It'll monitor your habits to automate this feature.

 

I was initially hoping it'll allow me to force limit it to 80% no matter what, but apparently I'll have to continue using BatteryAlarm app for my way of using it.

 

I'm not super heavy user and 80% charge usually keeps my iPhone XR running for 2 days which is pretty neat. So far I only charged it to 100% twice lol. Once when I forgot to run BatteryAlarm and once because I needed it to work as long as possible so I just let it charge to 100%.

 

You can also use BatteryAlarm to notify you when it hits 100% charge if you set it so, in case you want to charge it fully and then head out, without having to constantly check on it. Pretty useful app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Use iOS app called "BatteryAlarm". It'll start warning you at desired charge level. I keep mine at 80% and charge it when I'm around so when it's charged to 80%, it starts making a noise and I take it off my Qi charger.

 

Worst scenario for battery is getting battery charged up to 100% in the evening and since chargers usually do it very quickly coz people want quick charging, so battery is probably 100% charged around or before midnight and then sits for 6+ hours at 100% charge which is bad. Doing it few times is nothing, but doing this every day or every other day and it'll degrade battery faster. Same goes for low battery.

 

Apple will mitigate this as first vendor I've ever seen to date in iOS 13 by employing battery limiter. Phone will charge to 80% and stay that way till morning where it'll top it up last moment before you usually wake up or start using it. So it'll stay at healthy 80% through entire night and charge remaining 20% right before you wake up. It'll monitor your habits to automate this feature.

 

I was initially hoping it'll allow me to force limit it to 80% no matter what, but apparently I'll have to continue using BatteryAlarm app for my way of using it.

 

I'm not super heavy user and 80% charge usually keeps my iPhone XR running for 2 days which is pretty neat. So far I only charged it to 100% twice lol. Once when I forgot to run BatteryAlarm and once because I needed it to work as long as possible so I just let it charge to 100%.

 

You can also use BatteryAlarm to notify you when it hits 100% charge if you set it so, in case you want to charge it fully and then head out, without having to constantly check on it. Pretty useful app.

Thats nice, on what percentage should i charged my phone? 20%? 30%? 40%? or it doesnt matter?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Arcana

Worst case for battery is phone being so dead it wouldn't even turn on and having it that way for hours. It's also not good to have it go so low phone turns off by itself. I usually charge it before it drops below 30%. 30% to 80% and I get a lot of usable battery even if I hang on the phone for most of the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 7/24/2019 at 12:36 AM, RejZoR said:

@Arcana

Worst case for battery is phone being so dead it wouldn't even turn on and having it that way for hours. It's also not good to have it go so low phone turns off by itself. I usually charge it before it drops below 30%. 30% to 80% and I get a lot of usable battery even if I hang on the phone for most of the day.

is this the app?, so everytime i use it, i will not minimized the app. i just leave it open?

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arcana said:

is this the app?, so everytime i use it, i will not minimized the app. i just leave it open?

Untitled.png

Yes, this is the correct one. You have to leave it on the screen when charging, otherwise it won't fire up the alarm. Screen will turn off by itself, but that's fine, it'll still work. A bit weird iOS thing, but I got the hang of it and I just fire it up before throwing the phone on Qi charger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×