frequent problems w razer kraken headset?

kingblook

so i've owned razer krakens for years- i got my first pair nearly 6 years ago. the first pair was great, then i upgraded to a chroma pair, which was also great, i loved them for 4 good years... untillll i (foolishly) put them on the floor and proceeded to step on them. basically, after breaking them, i had to upgrade from the razer kraken 7.1 chroma to the razer kraken 7.1 chroma v2. i was hoping that, like the original 7.1, i would never have problems with them, and they've worked great until about a month ago.

i had them plugged into a usb 2.0, and it worked fine for over a year. but now, it's randomly cutting out. there's a quiet popping noise, the sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then it goes back to normal. sometimes after a sound cut, my mic stops working completely. once i was in the middle of watching youtube and the sound suddenly cut for about 10 seconds, then made a super loud popping sound in my ear. sometimes i'll be in a call and my mic VERY suddenly gets incredibly hyper sensitive to the point where my friends can hear me breathing. even with my mic sensitivity turned all the way up it's never as bad as it gets when it decides to do it on it's own. it's super loud and it sucks really bad.

i hoped that plugging it into a usb 3.1 would help, the usb port was farther away so the headset is less comfortable to wear, but it would be worth it if all the problems stopped. it didn't. the sound cutting is much less frequent, but it still happens. the hyper sensitive mic problem just happened again, destroying my friend's ears, which is what's finally driving me to make this post. i can't find any posts on how i can fix this.

is this a problem w the usb connector? is it the headset itself? has anyone else experienced this??? i've found people with similar problems, but not all of the ones i'm describing right now. i have a 2 year protection plan on this headset with best buy but it looks like they might not sell this headset anymore. i'm not sure if i should try to get a new one or not. please give me some sort of suggestion on what i could do to fix this.

7 hours ago, kingblook said:

so i've owned razer krakens for years- i got my first pair nearly 6 years ago. the first pair was great, then i upgraded to a chroma pair, which was also great, i loved them for 4 good years... untillll i (foolishly) put them on the floor and proceeded to step on them. basically, after breaking them, i had to upgrade from the razer kraken 7.1 chroma to the razer kraken 7.1 chroma v2. i was hoping that, like the original 7.1, i would never have problems with them, and they've worked great until about a month ago.

i had them plugged into a usb 2.0, and it worked fine for over a year. but now, it's randomly cutting out. there's a quiet popping noise, the sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then it goes back to normal. sometimes after a sound cut, my mic stops working completely. once i was in the middle of watching youtube and the sound suddenly cut for about 10 seconds, then made a super loud popping sound in my ear. sometimes i'll be in a call and my mic VERY suddenly gets incredibly hyper sensitive to the point where my friends can hear me breathing. even with my mic sensitivity turned all the way up it's never as bad as it gets when it decides to do it on it's own. it's super loud and it sucks really bad.

i hoped that plugging it into a usb 3.1 would help, the usb port was farther away so the headset is less comfortable to wear, but it would be worth it if all the problems stopped. it didn't. the sound cutting is much less frequent, but it still happens. the hyper sensitive mic problem just happened again, destroying my friend's ears, which is what's finally driving me to make this post. i can't find any posts on how i can fix this.

is this a problem w the usb connector? is it the headset itself? has anyone else experienced this??? i've found people with similar problems, but not all of the ones i'm describing right now. i have a 2 year protection plan on this headset with best buy but it looks like they might not sell this headset anymore. i'm not sure if i should try to get a new one or not. please give me some sort of suggestion on what i could do to fix this.

Generally a problem like this is caused by the source. So it's most likely the USB dongle you connect the headset with.  Best thing you can do is not use it USB and plug it in to the audio ports on your motherboard or get a replacement us. Unit.

10 hours ago, rice guru said:

Generally a problem like this is caused by the source. So it's most likely the USB dongle you connect the headset with.  Best thing you can do is not use it USB and plug it in to the audio ports on your motherboard or get a replacement us. Unit.

unfortunately the only connection it has is usb. i could probably buy a usb to aux, but if that's the case then i'll probably just try to get a replacement.

1 minute ago, kingblook said:

unfortunately the only connection it has is usb. i could probably buy a usb to aux, but if that's the case then i'll probably just try to get a replacement.

usb to aux adapters are not reccomended and are pretty awful so yeah just buy something better. especially something with a replacement cable

My Razer Kraken 7.1 V2’s have the same problem, only for me it happens very rarely and only when launching Windows or when I plug them into a new device. Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? If not then this could be caused by the headset forgetting its config. with each boot and reseting to factory default.

4 minutes ago, EpicWaffles449 said:

My Razer Kraken 7.1 V2’s have the same problem, only for me it happens very rarely and only when launching Windows or when I plug them into a new device. Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? If not then this could be caused by the headset forgetting its config. with each boot and reseting to factory default.

yeah, i have razer synapse. plus, i can tell whenever synapse boots up (usually a couple seconds after windows boots) because my keyboard switches from rainbow to my normal blue setting, so unless there's a problem with my synapse i feel like it should be working fine

1 hour ago, kingblook said:

yeah, i have razer synapse. plus, i can tell whenever synapse boots up (usually a couple seconds after windows boots) because my keyboard switches from rainbow to my normal blue setting, so unless there's a problem with my synapse i feel like it should be working fine

*x-files theme plays*