notifications only going down when clicked

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
7 hours ago, will4623 said:

I know some code and know this isn't exactly a walk in the park but could you make it so that when you have notifications the number only goes down when you visit the post?

The issue with that is that you might not want to click all notifications (such as a reaction), so that would leave the number up there until you did. The forum software devs made some experimental changes to the way that notifications are marked as read/unread in the dropdown to make it more similar to what you're suggesting, but the feedback from the sites that used it was overwhelmingly negative because it didn't work quite as you would expect for some notifications so they have rolled it back. Making it work exactly as you would expect, even for things like quotes and mentions, isn't really possible without a significant overhaul to the way that things are tracked unfortunately.

I know some code and know this isn't exactly a walk in the park but could you make it so that when you have notifications the number only goes down when you visit the post?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

7 hours ago, will4623 said:

The issue with that is that you might not want to click all notifications (such as a reaction), so that would leave the number up there until you did. The forum software devs made some experimental changes to the way that notifications are marked as read/unread in the dropdown to make it more similar to what you're suggesting, but the feedback from the sites that used it was overwhelmingly negative because it didn't work quite as you would expect for some notifications so they have rolled it back. Making it work exactly as you would expect, even for things like quotes and mentions, isn't really possible without a significant overhaul to the way that things are tracked unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203