Chances of corsair coil whine.

Im looking at getting a HX series power supply ( not sure what wattage) And from what i read corsair power supplys are known for coil whine. What are my chances of getting one with bad coil whine? What power supplys are better for not having it. (getting around 850. Plan to have lots of shit in my rig. Buying the case soon. much excite!)

My RM650i has a very slight case of coil whine that's only noticeable if literally everything else in the case except for the CPU fan is turned off. My SF600, CX550Ms, CX550 and CX450M do not (all gray labels), nor did the ancient HX620M that I used in God knows how many builds before finally selling it off. I had an ancient VS unit that had a coil whine problem, and two (IIRC) of the countless green-label CX/CXM units to come across my workbench had a case of coil whine. On the whole, yes, Corsair PSUs do sometimes suffer from coil whine, but in my experience it's not particularly noticeable unless you have your system 12 inches from your ear, and it's easily drowned out by your system fans. I've heard of some bad cases, but across the couple dozen Corsair units I've come across and used in a build, I can only think of two units, the ancient VS and one of the green CX units, that were bad enough to bother me when testing.

Their RGB RAM, on the other hand...I've only had 32 GB of RGB Corsair RAM come across my desk, and that's all I'll ever have. Every single one of the four sticks had a massive coil whine problem to the point where I couldn't even use the RGB.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 hours ago, aisle9 said:

My RM650i has a very slight case of coil whine that's only noticeable if literally everything else in the case except for the CPU fan is turned off. My SF600, CX550Ms, CX550 and CX450M do not (all gray labels), nor did the ancient HX620M that I used in God knows how many builds before finally selling it off. I had an ancient VS unit that had a coil whine problem, and two (IIRC) of the countless green-label CX/CXM units to come across my workbench had a case of coil whine. On the whole, yes, Corsair PSUs do sometimes suffer from coil whine, but in my experience it's not particularly noticeable unless you have your system 12 inches from your ear, and it's easily drowned out by your system fans. I've heard of some bad cases, but across the couple dozen Corsair units I've come across and used in a build, I can only think of two units, the ancient VS and one of the green CX units, that were bad enough to bother me when testing.

Their RGB RAM, on the other hand...I've only had 32 GB of RGB Corsair RAM come across my desk, and that's all I'll ever have. Every single one of the four sticks had a massive coil whine problem to the point where I couldn't even use the RGB.

cool. My system is being geared toward silence so its a legit consern for me. Like im already replacing decent silent fans with the best silent fans.