2070 Super 1440p?

Larsky

I like to keep above 100fps in my games. Preferable over 140. Would the 2070 Super be able to do that at medium settings for most games? I only ever see people bench at ultra

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

Yes, should be great for 1440p!

So you think I would be able to stay above 100 fps?

1 minute ago, Larsky said:

So you think I would be able to stay above 100 fps?

It depends of the game and settings, I would say "no" most of the time, above 60 sure, probably

I play at 1440p with a 1080ti

Just now, Ivan Salas said:

It depends of the game and settings, I would say "no" most of the time, above 60 sure, probably

I play at 1440p with a 1080ti

hmm.. maybe ill wait to see how the 2080 super is before i buy my gpu and monitor then

Just now, Larsky said:

hmm.. maybe ill wait to see how the 2080 super is before i buy my gpu and monitor then

the 2070 super will probably be fine but wait if you can

Just now, Ivan Salas said:

the 2070 super will probably be fine but wait if you can

I agree. Just really want a smooth gaming experience. I really enjoyed playing on my friends 27" 144hz monitor with his 2070 but I think I want a slight res bump while keeping the same really smooth experience 

I play 1440p with a Radeon VII and it's just fine. I get 130+ in the games I play which is APEX and BFV mostly. I have Anthem, Far Cry 5, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil and maybe another one or two that I can check real quick if you want.. 

I actually just upgraded to 3440x1440 UW and love it with my Radeon VII. Apex still does over 100FPS and I haven't really played BFV yet.. 

I would say 2070+ (non super) is fine for 1440p. Lower some settings if you have to, it's really not a big deal. Shit I was playing 4K 60hz lovely with my Vega 64 LC. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, Larsky said:

I like to keep above 100fps in my games. Preferable over 140. Would the 2070 Super be able to do that at medium settings for most games? I only ever see people bench at ultra

I would like you to watch this video then give it a like, it will answer you.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

The 2070 Super will confidently push 100fps in modern titles at High/Ultra settings. Of course, your mileage will be dependant on the game and your other components (most notably the CPU: think Intel's 9700k for a strong contender here), but from the many, many benchmark videos on YT, the 2070 Super is a proven competitor for 1440p gaming. Indeed, most games bench in the low hundreds, while the well-optimised games (eg. Overwatch) or competitive titles (eg. League of Legends) will be ran nearing or exceeding 200fps. So where the high refresh rates count, the 2070 Super delivers. Where the graphical fidelity counts, the card likewise delivers.

Still, I encourage you to browse YT for yourself. Don't take one stranger's word for it.

Thank you all for the replies! I forgot to mention I am indeed running a 3700x. I've been playing a lot of For Honor lately and from the benches I've seen,1440p seems great!

On medium setting price of piss bro

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, Princess Luna said:

I would like you to watch this video then give it a like, it will answer you.

Do u post this video 3 times a day I see it everywhere 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper