is it ture higher graphic settings means lower cpu useage ?

Hello guys .

is it ture higher graphic settings means lower cpu useage ?

i heard the cpu only cares about frame rates not resolution 

my question is what is the difference for the cpu between frame with low graphic settings and high graphics settings.  At the end the GPU is doing the job 

and why when u have bottleneck people says use the highest graphics settings so u can get lower cpu useage .

example: if i have i3 with 1050ti at full hd at high settings i got 40 frames and if i put the frames on low i can get 60 frames and let say i changed my graphics card to i3 + 1080ti and i got 60 frames on high is there any bottleneck gonna happen ?

يسيس.png

When you lower the graphics settings, your GPU is able to render more FPS.  To compensate for this, the CPU has to send more data to the GPU per second which increases its load.  If you were to increase your graphics settings, your frames will drop and your CPU usage will decrease.  It's a balancing act.

4 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

When you lower the graphics settings your GPU is able to render more frames per second.  To compensate for this, the CPU has to send more data to the GPU per second which increases its load.  If you were to increase your graphics settings, your frames will drop and your CPU usage will decrease.

example: if i have i3 with 1050ti at full hd at high settings i got 40 frames and if i put the frames on low i can get 60 frames and let say i changed my graphics card to i3 + 1080ti and i got 60 frames on high is there any bottleneck gonna happen ?

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

example: if i have i3 with 1050ti at full hd at high settings i got 40 frames and if i put the frames on low i can get 60 frames and let say i changed my graphics card to i3 + 1080ti and i got 60 frames on v-sync high is there any bottleneck gonna happen ?

Highly depends which i3 you have.  Anything greater than 8th gen might be able to handle it (4 cores).  Anything less will more than likely bottleneck it quite badly (30% or more).

If you set your graphics settings high enough and have enough system RAM you might be OK.  Though I highly recommend upgrading your CPU.

7 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

Highly depends which i3 you have.  Anything greater than 8th gen might be able to handle it (4 cores).  Anything less will more than likely bottleneck it quite badly (30% or more).

If you set your graphics settings high enough and have enough system RAM you might be OK.  Though I highly recommend upgrading your CPU.

i dont have i3 but i want to understand the logic of the high graphic settings = lower load . it was random example . 

Resolution makes a difference as well. Like the difference between running 1080p at 60 hz, 1444 and 4k at higher refresh rates. I am not smart enough to explain why unfortunately lol. I just know that everything I see says once you go into the higher resolutions your computer becomes much more GPU bound vs CPU bound. I suppose it would also depend on the actual cpu and gpu you were using. I am sure you would need a decent GPU that could actually handle the extra work load.

I am sure someone on youtube made a video explaining it if you can find one. I run my computer on a 55 inch tv at 1080p so I never really looked into it lol.

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

i dont have i3 but i want to understand the logic of the high graphic settings = lower load . it was random example . 

I know.  I was following along.

Also, if you have VSync on: you're limiting your framerate which will decrease CPU and GPU load.

CPU Bottleneck

1. Low settings
  2. more FPS from GPU
  3. CPU needs to feed it more data
  4. CPU at 100% usage
  5. GPU at ~60%* usage
  6. GPU bottlenecked because CPU can't provide more data to be processed

GPU Bottleneck

1. High settings
  2. less FPS from GPU
  3. CPU doesn't need to feed it as much data
  4. GPU at 100% usage
  5. CPU at ~60%* usage
  6. CPU bottlenecked because it can't provide more data to GPU to be processed

* this number will be different depending on your machine

1 minute ago, paulmohr said:

Resolution makes a difference as well. Like the difference between running 1080p at 60 hz, 1444 and 4k at higher refresh rates. I am not smart enough to explain why unfortunately lol

Higher pixel count = More GPU work

Refresh rates don't have an impact on how a CPU or GPU performs.

5 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

Higher pixel count = More GPU work

Refresh rates don't have an impact on how a CPU or GPU performs.

What about higher resolution 2k, 4k. not graphics settings? 

Can the i3 handle the job if i have gpu can give me 60 frame?