Lap-Top (not laptop) Keyboard

sarctastic
Go to solution Solved by Ominous,

Hey Guys,

Whats the keyboard lap rest thing that Linus uses in the lounge?

Like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcUv-TzVWUc

Cheers,

@

5 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

Thanks! I didn't know they were called lapboards! Much easier to search now!

15 hours ago, sarctastic said:

Thanks! I didn't know they were called lapboards! Much easier to search now!

Not sure whether you are actually planning on buying the thing, but if yo, maybeI can interest you in a DIY solution. I had a look similar boards a while ago when I started to game on the couch but would like to keep the keyboard and mouse combo for a round of Doom etc. and hence decided to make one myself.

- 90cm * 40 cm mouse mat on Amazon ~10§

- 90cm * 40cm wooden shelf board from the nearest hardware store ~3$

- 100cm * 50cm*3cm closed-cell foam from the nearest hardware store (even better if you can find it cut to size) ~6$

- some double sided tape, spray glue or whatever you have lying around 

use whatever wireless peripherals you want, possibly throw in a foamy wrist rest for the keyboard.

Depending on the type of wood you use, it definitely is heavier than the plastic-y lapboard, but I don't find it fatiguing at all. If anything, it gives a lot of stability to the whole setup. And (depending on what size of mouse mat / board you choose) you get massive real estate.

Don't get me wrong, the Corsair Lapboard is a great product (structured memory foam and all), but it's really pricy for what it is and forces you to use the K63. If you have the spare coin, you possibly won't regret it, just wanted to point out that there are other options available

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302