Why are so many people against consoles?

Duski
7 hours ago, goto10 said:

who said something about gta? i said skyrim, you got lost there

GTA 5 is both a console and PC game so it falls into the element of modding video games.

btw i wouldnt mod gta, i dont want to get banned, so no, no mods, modding in gta is pretty much cancer, no, no mods

You can't get banned modding story mode. You have to take out the mods when you go back into GTA 5 Online. Piece of cake.

fix problems all the time for a pc technician is almost fun, but not everybody likes to have that fun

I'm not a PC technician. And as I mentioned, dealing with issues becomes second nature once you've been doing it for years.

if i get home and want to play gta i dont want to know about 1903 or a antivirus update and a partition that needs chkdsk

Never had to deal with this issue once in my entire life before playing GTA 5 Online on PC. Or any game for that matter. Just because some people deal with these types of issues doesn't mean other people are not smart enough to figure out how to never deal with them.

pc has benefits but demands expenses, time and effort all the time, a console is plug and play, with a couple software updates a couple times per year, thats it

Expenses are made up by selling used hardware. Sold my GTX 1060 3GB for $185 and put that towards a $290 GTX 1070 8GB. Without hesitation I might add. Do the exact same thing for other parts. And a PC is just turn on and play. Completely convenient. And a couple of software updates on console a year is as false as it gets. I've had to update my Xbox One every other month since I got it and it is beyond annoying.

it is pointless to complain, about a product not meant to be the fastest running a game, people wants to run games, not complain because their fps ere not over 100 fps, when i want to play, i dont want to know anything about that, i want to play the game and have fun, forget about problems

That is the difference between the majority of console and PC gamers right there. You nailed it on the head. Most PC gamers care about how their game plays. Most console gamers simply care about how they look. PC gamers care about winning in the competitive games that they play and higher frame rate simply gives them a much smoother, more stable, lagless and more comfortable and competitive game play. If console did that, I'd have never switched to PC. Some console gamers have never even laid eyes on PC gaming to ever worry about how much smoother it is. So they'll never care to, simple as that.

4k is a specific resolution few have or use, so is a specific problem for a specific section of the market, when i want to play i dont want to know about resolutions, quality of image or any of that, those are details that dont matter as much as if the game is good or not, focus only on fps, details of image or capability of run emulators or not is pointless because i just want to play a game, not be concerned about details

This is why you game on a console. Us PC gamers care all about this stuff immensely. We just want to play games too. And emulations enables us to play more games, duh.

btw tell me your name in gta online so i can report you as modder

Again, you can't get banned for modding story mode. I don't mod GTA Online. 

6 hours ago, Duski said:

see how many great things it adds 

Modding on PC has limitless supply of great things to add to games. Just adding one to a few mods to Skyrim makes the game so much more enjoyable. SkyUI alone turns the interface in Skyrim into as convenient as I need it to be. In GTA 5, I like to use just a few mods at a time in Story mode so I never run out of things to do and never mess up the performance. Driving and flying at super speeds in practically any vehicle you can imagine never gets old.

And not having to pay for ANY new vehicle added to GTA 5 Online is simply awesome. You can just throw them into Story mode and drive on. Then if you like them, buy them in GTA Online.

it is pointless to complain

I agree. It makes more sense to not have to deal with it on PC. 60 fps as promised on console in BF1? Nope. It's the same in 80-90% of games on console. I just cannot go back to console, I can't. I won't. It's basically my 4K movie/bluray player. I do turn it on the 1st and 16th of every month to collect the free games for gold. Sadly, I don't even play them.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

GTA 5 is both a console and PC game so it falls into the element of modding video games.

You can't get banned modding story mode. You have to take out the mods when you go back into GTA 5 Online. Piece of cake.

I'm not a PC technician. And as I mentioned, dealing with issues becomes second nature once you've been doing it for years.

Never had to deal with this issue once in my entire life before playing GTA 5 Online on PC. Or any game for that matter. Just because some people deal with these types of issues doesn't mean other people are not smart enough to figure out how to never deal with them.

Expenses are made up by selling used hardware. Sold my GTX 1060 3GB for $185 and put that towards a $290 GTX 1070 8GB. Without hesitation I might add. Do the exact same thing for other parts. And a PC is just turn on and play. Completely convenient. And a couple of software updates on console a year is as false as it gets. I've had to update my Xbox One every other month since I got it and it is beyond annoying.

That is the difference between the majority of console and PC gamers right there. You nailed it on the head. Most PC gamers care about how their game plays. Most console gamers simply care about how they look. PC gamers care about winning in the competitive games that they play and higher frame rate simply gives them a much smoother, more stable, lagless and more comfortable and competitive game play. If console did that, I'd have never switched to PC. Some console gamers have never even laid eyes on PC gaming to ever worry about how much smoother it is. So they'll never care to, simple as that.

This is why you game on a console. Us PC gamers care all about this stuff immensely. We just want to play games too. And emulations enables us to play more games, duh.

Again, you can't get banned for modding story mode. I don't mod GTA Online. 

that is what every online modder says, sure

i as a pc technician, as a old gamer and as a user see such comments and first laugh, then get upset because people actually believe all this crap, pc superior, console inferior

yeah, sure, compare pc to console is compare a banana with a watermelon

comments like these just fuel a stupid hate against each platform that have developed separatedly because each one tries to achieve different things but people just compare them just because game developers didnt wanted to leave in the dark a section of the market, a market that has required so much adaptation to become what is today

see consoles and pc as enemies, one inferior, other superior only tells me that the people doing that doesnt comprehend every detail involved on each side to make things work, if you dont understand what a console is and what offers with what conditions and at what price you cant compare it to anything else because there is nothing to compare

the idea of upgrade and progress, so few people really do it, and the existence of a console for more than 5 years proves that a large amount of the market is ok with this fact, because all you want to do is play a game, not hear people whine for details that in the end depend in cost, benefits and simplicity of each platform when offered to each person

each person has right to like one or other platform, or like both as i do, but no platform is perfect and paint one or the other as perfect is really stupid

no platform that exists is perfect, nor close to be perfect

all you can aim is to convenience on your circumstances and accept the cost or limitations that come with your decisions

35 minutes ago, goto10 said:

that is what every online modder says, sure i as a pc technician, as a old gamer and as a user see such comments and first laugh, then get upset because people actually believe all this crap, pc superior, console inferior yeah, sure, compare pc to console is compare a banana with a watermelon comments like these just fuel a stupid hate against each platform that have developed separatedly because each one tries to achieve different things but people just compare them just because game developers didnt wanted to leave in the dark a section of the market, a market that has required so much adaptation to become what is today see consoles and pc as enemies, one inferior, other superior only tells me that the people doing that doesnt comprehend every detail involved on each side to make things work, if you dont understand what a console is and what offers with what conditions and at what price you cant compare it to anything else because there is nothing to compare the idea of upgrade and progress, so few people really do it, and the existence of a console for more than 5 years proves that a large amount of the market is ok with this fact, because all you want to do is play a game, not hear people whine for details that in the end depend in cost, benefits and simplicity of each platform when offered to each person each person has right to like one or other platform, or like both as i do, but no platform is perfect and paint one or the other as perfect is really stupid no platform that exists is perfect, nor close to be perfect all you can aim is to convenience on your circumstances and accept the cost or limitations that come with your decisions

I own both a PC and a 4K gaming console. One I use everyday. One I use once, maybe twice a month. I used to use my Xbox One everyday, but only for a few months. These are facts. Whether one is superior or inferior to the other is not thought up in my head. I simply play one daily and the other monthly. And it's because the gaming experience is better on my PC than it is on console. I used to play my Xbox 360 daily for a decade. Same with a PlayStation and a Nintendo 64 and a Sega Genesis and an NES. Now, it's the other way around because I finally obtained a PC capable of pushing performance further than that of a console. Along with dozens of other things a console cannot do. Including playing hundreds of games from multiple consoles.

This is my experience. I can only tell you about my experience. And from the decades I've spent on console vs the decades I've spent on PC, to me, PC has been the better experience. I can't turn on my Xbox One and play Zelda Breath of the Wild. I can't turn on my Xbox One and play GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64. I can't turn on my Xbox One and play the original Resident Evil for the original PlayStation. I can't turn on my Xbox One and hit 144 fps in Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD. I can't turn on my Xbox One and do everything I want to do that my PC does. Plain and simple.

there we go back to what i wrote, that is your case, not mine, not a fact, i dont own or need to support a 4k display, as many many others do, dont generalize a particular use case as a fact

you are going back to the same things already said

then quoting stuff you had to search on google, pictures and stuff

since nothing new is being added, well, each one does what they want, but it would be nice not to see people whining, complaining, praising or pointing fingers at people for liking a pc, or a console, it gets boring, fast

On 8/6/2019 at 1:49 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:
  • Need? - This is definitely one of the subjective ones, but personally I can't imagine how anyone would operate in the modern world without a PC.  So then your options are get a high-end PC that can also game, or get a cheap PC and a console.  If you already need one anyway, it makes the pricing argument a little more interesting.

i feel like this is the big one.

sure, the graphics, and backwards compatibility, and all the other reasons that pc is better are true and make sense. but this is a digital world with digital monsters everything is online. most households have a computer of some kind, as its difficult to get by without one. whether its for work, or school, its probably there.

if you're going to spend the money for a desktop/laptop anyways, why not spend the extra $300 on making it game ready, instead of getting a console?

-consoles have bluray built in! but unless you have a 4k tv, do you really even notice the difference between dvd?

-but netflix in the living room?!  roku is only $30

im not a console hater, but unless you specifically want one of the exclusives, i simply dont see a reason for consoles to exist when you probably already have a pc anyways.   the question should never be "pc or console" it should be "upgrade or console"

but honestly i havent even felt that rivalry between pc and console for a long time. the only people that even care anymore are elitest children who can only get what their parents let them anyways.

and the pcmr subreddit and culture is a self-proclaimed meme anyways,

i just dont think anybody actually cares anymore. we're all just murderers Gamers now.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i used to love pc gaming as i was growing up, however it reached a point where my desktop completely died, so i had it replaced with a new one.

it was working great for awhile, but then it too began having a bunch of problems (out of warranty). and this really frustrated me. so instead i just got a playstation 3 (this was in 2015, i couldn't afford a ps4). and it was great. literally just plug and play.

consoles dont always have the best graphics or fps, but as long as the user enjoys it, does it really matter? i had tons of hours playing on my ps3, and having uncharted lan parties with my friends. it was great :D

although now. i have already replaced my desktop, and i love it too. hahahaha. as long as its fun, i don't really mind whether to game on console or pc

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

7 hours ago, Tsuki said:

i simply dont see a reason for consoles to exist when you probably already have a pc

You're kidding right? Yes, every person already have a PC, but not every person have a high-end PC that can run upcoming games like Borderlands 3 or Cyberpunk. I paid 300€ for my PS4 back in 2017 and it will run next year games with no problems, yes in 30 fps, but 30 fps is different on a console than on a PC. And I cant see how you will buy / upgrade a PC with 300€ that will last you 7 years..People who buy consoles (in my opinion, yours will be different) only do so because of money. As I stated in my main post, I only bought a PS4 because I didnt have enough money to upgrade my old PC (I would have had to change the cpu, mobo, ram, gpu, everything). And I recently bought a new PC and I rock the greatest combo one could ever ask for, PS4 + PC.

1 hour ago, Duski said:

[...] yes in 30 fps, but 30 fps is different on a console than on a PC.[...]

It's not actually, 30 FPS is 30 FPS, it's an objective measure and doesn't leave room for any sort of hidden magic to change the experience.  With that said, frame times can differ, but that's nothing inherently PC or console.

This reminded me though of (what I think is) a very interesting topic that seems to be very often overlooked and I think may shed some light on beliefs like this and others related to it - for example, people not being able to tell the difference between 30 and 60, etc.

Specifically, most modern TVs, and indeed even TVs from many years ago, have what's called frame interpolation, and afaik many if not all that offer it have it on by default.  It's an amazing feature that can take in a 30 FPS signal and display a 60 FPS output by synthesizing additional frames that slot in-between all the natively rendered ones.  I've witnessed it myself and it really does work wonders.  Granted, it adds input lag, and so depending on how much and what game you're in, you may or may not want to make that trade, but of course it's always worth it as a viewer. ? 

To get to my point, I would not be surprised in the slightest if it was somehow discovered that a large number of people who thought 30 FPS was fine were actually seeing 60, and, upon actually seeing 30, would change their mind.  Not that everyone has to feel that 30 isn't enough, everyone is different and if you can enjoy it then by all means more power to you, you will have an easier and more affordable life and should be happy for it xD I'm just pointing out this possibility as a potential source of conflict that I think goes unconsidered too often.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 hours ago, goto10 said:

no, mods often offer nothing, is rare to see mods that add something, and when they do, often the game ends broken, on a bethesda game that already comes broken, more points of failure is not the ideal for everybody

>Mods add no benefit

>Fallout New Vegas: comes with broken quests and game braking glitches that haven't patched on consoles.

>PC version comes with mods to fix said broken quests and glitches the devs won't bother with

>Skyrim: unskippable intro sequence

>PC version comes with mods that let you skip over it so you're not sitting through 2 hours of crap every time you play.

20 hours ago, goto10 said:

and i havent even mentioned licenses!

>implying digital console games don't come with licenses

>implying license free versions of pc games don't exist

18 hours ago, goto10 said:

fix problems all the time for a pc technician is almost fun, but not everybody likes to have that fun

Not all the time and consoles also come with things user need to troubleshoot but in a much more restrictive environment.

Also Google and this forum is a thing so you don't need to be a technician just literate.

18 hours ago, goto10 said:

if i get home and want to play gta i dont want to know about 1903 or a antivirus update and a partition that needs chkdsk

That's never happened to me or anyone I know. 

But what has happened is that I come home turn my console on and it won't let me play games or use apps that access the internet due to a pending system update.

WIndows may have a ton of updates but it never locks you out of the internet because you won't get them

While there's been some added inconvenience of things such as pending updates when you haven't turned your system on in a while, consoles still win overall in convenience.  Just power it on and control it all with your controller.  And one single storefront to deal with.

Not everyone cares about playing over 60fps or having the highest settings.  So for those people a console is perfect.

On the topic of mods adding any benefit, that really depends on the game.  But there are some really good mods out there depending on what you play.

Skyrim you can pretty much throw in what you want.  There's probably a mod for anything you can think of.  Feel like playing a new quest? there's a mod for it.  Feel like using lightsabers instead, I'm sure there's a mod for it.

Also some games have total conversion mods.  Doom has the Brutal Doom mod..  Diablo 2 has Path of Diablo and Median XL.  Diablo 1 has Belzebub and The Hell 2.  I recently discovered a Duke Nukem 3D mod that plays the entire first episode with the Serious Sam engine.  The list goes on.  PC mods are awesome.  Mods can be bug fixes, quality of life enhancements, new content and often total game conversions etc...

On 7/29/2019 at 2:37 PM, Majinhoju said:

I think the first gen Wii played Gamecube games (mine did) but was removed from the later ones?

Yep, the later models removed Gamecube support.

Personally, I don't dislike either PC, consoles, or the handheld gaming platforms.  Never seen the point of lording one over any of the others as each brings something to the table: be it convenience, price, portability, game selection, controllers, etc.  There some I favor more than others, but I usually wind up with each at some point in time or just get certain ones for my collection.  To me, I like fun games.  I don't really worry much about frame chasing or bench marking; as long as, the game works and plays, and I can get enjoyment out of it.  I'm happy.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, Zando Bob said:

I can't leave it off for two weeks, pick it up, tap a button 3 times, then be back exactly where I was with no stuttering or anything at all (seriously, the Switch blows me away every time I do this). I've gotta boot up the PC, open all my apps, use those apps to open the games I want to play, then load into the menu, then load my save file, then I can game. Consoles can't do as much as PCs, but what they can do they do very very well. 

If there one feature of the Switch Nintendo nailed down, it is that sleep mode with game pause.  I use that feature a lot with mine. 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, goto10 said:

pc has advantages

i personaly like both

you cant deny the simplicity of consoles, on pc you have to fight with virus, licenses, drivers, windows, well, alot, on consoles is all so simple

the lack of keyboard and mouse is what makes people hate consoles i think

You only have to fight viruses if you get viruses. Licenses shouldn't be a problem if you legally purchase software, drivers are really easy to, literally just installing an application. And what about Windows? It's an operating system, you have to learn hoe to use it. And it's not K/B or Mouse that makes people hate consoles. I can't play console because after a high refresh rate for so long it actually strains my eyes. But that doesn't mean I hate it, I'm just not comfortable with playing console because the hardware feels slow to me, but that's only in comparison to what I've played on.

This entire argument really is more perspective than one sucks and the other doesn't. Think about it this way, people don't hate console because it doesn't perform as well as PC, people just like PC because it can perform better than a console.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:49 AM, Mira Yurizaki said:

A major argument with PC gaming is that "you can upgrade whenever you want" and "backwards compatibility is a thing."

I'm here to argue that... they're soft pros at best.

True, you can upgrade almost anything you want on a PC assuming it's a desktop tower using standard form factor parts. This is less true if you have a laptop which a lot of people have. [...]

So really, the whole "you can upgrade your PC" thing only really works if you started off with a potato to begin with. [...]

And backwards compatibility? Maybe towards the last 10 years or so of gaming. I mean, that's still pretty good, but anything older and you increasingly get into the "maybe" to "nope" zone. [...]

Upgrade doesn't have to mean parts. You can upgrade by replacing your entire system with something better, which is how I usually do it. The important thing is that you get to keep all of your data. So moving from one box to another only means the box changes and things get faster. Everything else, including all your games, are staying with you.

With consoles, you replace the box and all of your old games are suddenly obsolete, unless you keep the old box around or you have the good fortune of staying backwards compatible for one or two generations. You could play Game Boy games from 1989 on your new and shiny NDS. But then that support was dropped. And all other platforms fare worse.

I have zero troubles playing games from the 1980s on my new and shiny PC I've build half a year ago. I also have zero problems playing console games from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s on the same system. It's one box for basically all games ever.

The reason I switched over to consoles after DOS was because it was a mess to get games you've bought to actually run on your specific hardware. With a console you got a box and you put a game in and things would just work. My box happened to be a Game Boy which as I said earlier was supported up till the NDS days. That's the kind of longevity I expect if I invest in an ecosystem. I'd be stupid to buy a box knowing all the games for it are going to be unplayable 10 years from now without that box anyway. How many boxes do you expect me to have lined up in my living room? Thirty? And then I've got five games for each of those boxes max and you're telling me that is a situation that makes sense? It's not. Consoles are stupid. Especially since I already own something that could play the games, which I have for things other than games, too. Why buy another box on top of that? Occasionally you get idiots telling you they bought all the consoles of a generation, so they wouldn't have to "pick sides" or whatever. All they do is waste money on boxes that will be obsolete soon and unless their day got more than 24h they won't get more gaming out of more boxes, either.

Having said all that, I'm on Linux and think playing on Steam is stupid, too, since it's the same basic issue of all your games getting obsolete once Steam goes away. Same with Windows and all those different versions. I face none of those troubles with Linux for the small price of not being able to play all the shiny new games immediately. It's fine. I can wait ten, twenty, thirty years for [insert shiny new game]. No problem, there's plenty of old good games filling the few hours of my week I have time for gaming.

Anyone who is against(hates) consoles, isn't a true gamer, they are mostly just elitists who want attention on the internet, Thats like being against intel or nvidia or amd for no reason other then people on the internet told you one is better. Go where the games you like are not what some silly subreddit says. I personally have hooked up to my tv an SNES, WII U, PS2, PS4 and still got my gaming pc. Why limit yourself? In the future if Microsoft has their way, their consoles will become pointless if you own a PC given they plan to make all their games work on both platforms. Personally I have used consoles most my life. Plus they offer a simplicity that PC does not and will not ever have, they just work. No driver issues, hardware/software incompatibilities, just install and play. My biggest reason for loving PC is modding. But lets be real, few games truly support it to any worth while degree to confidently say its better on PC because of it. And Graphically, these days the difference between consoles and pc with the exception of nintendos consoles, is very minimal in most cases

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

On 8/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, DesolationGod said:

But lets be real, few games truly support it to any worth while degree to confidently say its better on PC because of it.

And any games with modding support tends to be a slog fest once you start piling them on. I probably spent a quarter of my time on Skyrim trying out or adjusting mods to actually playing the game.

Ok, i'll throw my 2 cents.

PC gaming is a wonderfull thing but it comes with many headaches.

Drivers, half ass games, early access, so many goddam launchers and now Epic/Steam war. Yes, backwards compatibility is amazing but it's  a gimmick. Who plays theme hospital or diablo 1 on a fucking 8700k or Threadripper. It's there but its more of  a psychological thing than a real need. Emulation is fun but it's flawed, exceptions are Cemu and Dolphin.

Consoles are just plain and simple.

You have all type of games nowadays on newer systems. From RTS to MMO's.

Multiplats and exclusive games. The sleep mode is amazing. They cost next to nothing, you drop 50 usd you get 2 games a month for a year. Sales are getting closer and closer to the steam ones. 

Who knows what future will bring. Maybe Sony will bring their exclusives to PC like team xbox does.

I'm pro good graphics and even though I'm not currently using my Xbox One S, the videos for Red Dead Redemption are quite amazing for visuals. I'm thinking about getting an X version of Xbox One so I can have the nice 4k effects for the game.

Atm I'm pc gaming but one game can get me to buy a new console. GTA5's amazing exploration of LA is what got me to get  my first console a Xbox 360 and then the One S version. And RDR2 is pulling me to buy the X model. The graphics in the game may be good enough that I won't mind not having mods for it. Getting tired of waiting for the pc version ?

5 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

And any games with modding support tends to be a slog fest once you start piling them on. I probably spent a quarter of my time on Skyrim trying out or adjusting mods to actually playing the game.

I can’t tell you how true this was with Garry’s Mod. I have like 280 mods installed and the game chugs like hell on the main menu trying to load them, much less loading them in an actual game.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Never had the money fully enjoy a new AAA maxed out game, yes, my current setup is the most capable one I've had yet, but I'm not looking to spend nearly the whole cost of my pc or more on just a gpu, I don't have the money to do that, yeah, I could save up, but then I'd still need all the other bits, I'm not waiting months to play Black Mesa's Xen after waiting this long already just for fps over 40-50 when I could just nudge a few settings for things I don't care about and get nice smoothness 95% of the time.
So for me, consoles are a more cost effective way to play new games, but since there are very few modern titles I want to actually play on ANY platform, my pc is plenty capable.
I'd say exclusives but since Halo Reach and eventually Halo 2 Anniversary are coming to Steam, that argument for me is now null.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not against consoles at all, I’m against games only being on certain platforms. I have a good pc, a ps4 slim and a OG Xbox one.

I only have the ps4 for mlb the show, the last of us and uncharted.  Could care less about the other games. 

I have the Xbox one that I got for $20 with a broken disc drive as the dedicated Netflix/Hulu machine in the living room. Could care less about any Microsoft exclusive game. 

I refuse to buy anything Nintendo after the Wii U flop that I wasted money on. I wish they would sell the Mario games on a different platform but that’s not gonna happen. 

Ill buy the next gen PlayStation at launch but won’t get anything else 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

8 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I’m not against consoles at all, I’m against games only being on certain platforms. I have a good pc, a ps4 slim and a OG Xbox one.

So while the games themselves may not matter, you think the the more recent moves by Microsoft to be good ones by bringing some of their exclusives to other platforms?

6 hours ago, Ertman said:

So while the games themselves may not matter, you think the the more recent moves by Microsoft to be good ones by bringing some of their exclusives to other platforms?

The stuff that is on Xbox should be on pc, it’s microsoft and no reason for it not to be on both platforms 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 9/10/2019 at 12:22 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

The stuff that is on Xbox should be on pc, it’s microsoft and no reason for it not to be on both platforms 

Well there are MANY MANY reasons why the line of thinking is incorrect, its literally giving you what you want by eroding the concept of console and brand exclusives. Does this not seem like a good move for you, a move in a positive direction? it comes across as if you feel PC gamers are entitled to any game produced by Microsoft just because they also make an operating system for a PC.

Personally, I think its just an eventuality where games will be come a service and be platform agnostic. Unfortunately, that would also likely require game streaming, which isn't the greatest.