Upgrading pc

About a year ago bought a pre built PC but I am regretting it because the hardware isn't that good and I should of waited longer with a bigger budget. I would like some advice on what to upgrade, I want to upgrade my PC which will last a couple years for 1080p gaming at 144fps but I can settle for 60fps. I'm not sure if ram speed is a big factor here because my motherboard can only support 2133Mhz.

My PC Specs:

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VH PLUS

Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1050ti

CPU: Intel core i5 7400

Ram: 2x4GB 2400Mhz

Power Supply: 500W 80+ White

Storage: 1TB Hard Drive, 1TB External Hard Drive

Case: Cooler Master Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower case

2 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

About a year ago bought a pre built PC but I am regretting it because the hardware isn't that good and I should of waited longer with a bigger budget. I would like some advice on what to upgrade, I want to upgrade my PC which will last a good while for 1080p gaming at 144fps but I can settle for 60fps. I'm not sure if ram speed is a big factor here because my motherboard can only support 2133Mhz.

My PC Specs:

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VH PLUS

Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1050ti

CPU: Intel core i5 7400

Ram: 2x4GB 2400Mhz

Power Supply: 500W 80+ White

Storage: 1TB Hard Drive, 1TB External Hard Drive

Case: Cooler Master Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower case

get double that ram and an ssd to start out. wait for prices to become more normal before pushing a upgrade imo . that cpu is not the best for gaming tho. 

I'm not sure if ram speed is a big factor here because my motherboard can only support 2133Mhz.

Well, 2133 will hamper your fps and if 144 is your target then it will be a big factor.

Not that an i7 6700 or 7700 is much worth it right now, they're super expensive on eBay. You can get a Ryzen 5 3600 for less than a 7700 and it's just better in every way.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

get double that ram and an ssd to start out. wait for prices to become more normal before pushing a upgrade imo . that cpu is not the best for gaming tho. 

Ok thanks, also would it be worth to but a 1TB SSD to put games and OS on it or just buy a 128GB SSD just for OS and out my games on my 2TB Hard drive.

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well, 2133 will hamper your fps and if 144 is your target then it will be a big factor.

Not that an i7 6700 or 7700 is much worth it right now, they're super expensive on eBay. You can get a Ryzen 5 3600 for less than a 7700 and it's just better in every way.

I would need to buy a new motherboard then to get higher Mhz, and I should aim for a new CPU the Ryzen 5 3600? 

Ok thanks, also would it be worth to but a 1TB SSD to put games and OS on it or just buy a 128GB SSD just for OS and out my games on my 2TB Hard drive.

if you can afford it go for a samsung 1tb drive. it will make everything 10 times faster it wont do much to ur fps tho

10 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

3 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

I personally think its worth it. You can get Western digital blue 1tb for around $100 and the Intel 660p goes for around $95 for 1tb. They aren't the fastest, but they are way faster than HDDs. 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

if you can afford it go for a samsung 1tb drive. it will make everything 10 times faster it wont do much to ur fps tho

I heard it won't be worth putting your games on it, only your OS.

Just now, i360Fantasy said:

I heard it won't be worth putting your games on it, only your OS.

that was true in 2012 when ssd just came out. what do you think laptops with only a 1tb ssd do ? if you get a good quality one it has a high write lifespan so it would be fine 

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I personally think its worth it. You can get Western digital blue 1tb for around $100 and the Intel 660p goes for around $95 for 1tb. They aren't the fastest, but they are way faster than HDDs. 

Yeah good point, but personally the one thing I hate the most is just doing normal tasks on a HDD it's so slow booting up and when I do it takes forever to do anything, I don't really mind the game loading times though.

Just now, i360Fantasy said:

Yeah good point, but personally the one thing I hate the most is just doing normal tasks on a HDD it's so slow booting up and when I do it takes forever to do anything, I don't really mind the game loading times though.

all that will be instant if you use a SSD for ur frequently used games and programs. the load times in games is one thing but the load time for programs will be next to none 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

that was true in 2012 when ssd just came out. what do you think laptops with only a 1tb ssd do ? if you get a good quality one it has a high write lifespan so it would be fine 

For me the thing I hate the most is just doing normal tasks on windows it's so slow booting up and when it does it takes forever to open anything, I don't really mind the game loading times.

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

all that will be instant if you use a SSD for ur frequently used games and programs. the load times in games is one thing but the load time for programs will be next to none 

Ok, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

Alright, also a couple things what should I do about my cpu then? and what about the speed of my ram it will only be 2133Mhz

26 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

My GPU is not really good for gaming, what should I do about that?

17 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

I would need to buy a new motherboard then to get higher Mhz, and I should aim for a new CPU the Ryzen 5 3600? 

Yeah the 3600 is the budget king for 144Hz gaming right now. Throw it in an affordable B450 motherboard with some DDR4 3000 or 3200 and you're set.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah the 3600 is the budget king for 144Hz gaming right now. Throw it in an affordable B450 motherboard with some DDR4 3000 or 3200 and you're set.

what about my GPU?

6 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

what about my GPU?

Later down the line, a 1060 6GB or RX 580 would be a good upgrade, whatever's cheaper at the time. If you have more to spend, a 1070 goes a long way for 144fps 

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Later down the line, a 1060 6GB or RX 580 would be a good upgrade, whatever's cheaper at the time. If you have more to spend, a 1070 goes a long way for 144fps 

Sorry, just couple more things, so basicly I should get an entirely new PC just getting rid of everything, my CPU, motherboard ect and my new build would be the ryzen 5 3600 16GB 3200MHZ ram the B450 motherboard a GTX 1070. Shall I actually go through with this?

18 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

Sorry, just couple more things, so basicly I should get an entirely new PC just getting rid of everything, my CPU, motherboard ect and my new build would be the ryzen 5 3600 16GB 3200MHZ ram the B450 motherboard a GTX 1070. Shall I actually go through with this?

Now that you mention it, the best plan could be to sell your current rig as a whole and use the funds to buy a new PC. Looking at that PSU, It's not much for a good high end rig (not that it's too low wattage, but the quality has a lot to be desired) and you'll want a new SSD anyways, a fresh install is always ideal when upgrading so yeah a new system from the ground up would be great.

Primary PC:

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Now that you mention it, the best plan could be to sell your current rig as a whole and use the funds to buy a new PC. Looking at that PSU, It's not much for a good high end rig (not that it's too low wattage, but the quality has a lot to be desired) and you'll want a new SSD anyways, a fresh install is always ideal when upgrading so yeah a new system from the ground up would be great.

Thanks a lot. I never realised Ryzen Cpu's could be so cheap and good. As you said I'll sell my PC as a whole, and I'll be able to keep my 1TB external Hard Drive and buy an SSD anyway with my new custom built PC. I never really knew what I was doing when I bought my pre built I wish I would not of rushed into it lol. Do you have any idea where I should sell my PC, like ebay ect. When I sell it what do you think I should put the price at considering Iv'e had it for 1 year now and the specs, I originally got it for 600 pounds.  

Edited by i360Fantasy
Had to change something.

6 minutes ago, i360Fantasy said:

Do you have any idea where I should sell my PC, like ebay ect. When I sell it what do you think I should put the price at considering Iv'e had it for 1 year now and the specs, I originally got it for 600 pounds.  

I sell using a local app called Letgo, and Facebook market is good too. eBay takes a cut of the sale so I don't recommend it for the first listings, and it's a lot better for stuff you want to ship anyway.

I say list it at 600 pounds and let buyers haggle you down, accept a price closer to 500.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

I sell using a local app called Letgo, and Facebook market is good too. eBay takes a cut of the sale so I don't recommend it for the first listings, and it's a lot better for stuff you want to ship anyway.

I say list it at 600 pounds and let buyers haggle you down, accept a price closer to 500.

Ok thanks ?