Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaHaRzZz

m.2 drive slow writing speed

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have two drives, one which is Samsung PM961 and the other one is the Corsair Force MP500,
I experience slow writing speeds on both, I tried everything I could find about it, I didn't reach to the point of thermal throttling in my tests but I do know that in a sustained test the MP500 will throttle eventually.
I attached the results, and as you can see, the writing speeds are extremely slow, I just can't seem to find the issue

'write caching on the device' is enabled on both drives, and they both seem to be in PCIE 3.0 X4, I also verified that in the BIOS,

I have 32GB DDR4 3200 Dominators + i9 9900k + gigabyte z390 m gaming

what is happening?

first m2 drive.png

second m2 drive.png

well, being both drives with the same problem i would point all my efforts in the motherboard, have you checked if there is a bios update for it?

any chipset driver recently released for it? are you on the latest 1903 win10 version?

Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, goto10 said:

well, being both drives with the same problem i would point all my efforts in the motherboard, have you checked if there is a bios update for it?

any chipset driver recently released for it? are you on the latest 1903 win10 version?

I installed the new BIOS version that came out a few days ago, and I re-installed the chipset drivers just in case, but everything  stayed the same :/

and yes I'm using the latest win10 vesion.

The whole PC is 1 month old, except for both the m.2 drives, the Corsair is 2 years old and the Samsung is 1 year old(extracted from a laptop)