Anyone here coming from Portugal as well?

bejamartins
On 7/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, Gabriel Justus said:

nope, but i am going from brazil, so i speak portuguese if that is relevant for ya

I speak English fine. I just wanted to know if anyone would do the same trip.

My family is Portuguese. When they came to America over 100 years ago, our surname was phonetically transformed from "Correia" to "Gray." Unclear if it was because no one could pronounce the name or if it was easier to secure gainful employment with a more familiar Scottish/Irish/English surname. I'd love to legally change our surname back to its historic roots, but the headache that comes along with that just isn't worth it. ?

9 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

My family is Portuguese. When they came to America over 100 years ago, our surname was phonetically transformed from "Correia" to "Gray." Unclear if it was because no one could pronounce the name or if it was easier to secure gainful employment with a more familiar Scottish/Irish/English surname. I'd love to legally change our surname back to its historic roots, but the headache that comes along with that just isn't worth it. ?

That's one big phonetically jump. But hey, at least now you can tell someone in a bar you have 50 shades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)