Serious issue with 5700 XT

Go to solution Solved by WallacEngineering,
1 hour ago, Chucknorris921 said:

i dont think it is dead, i restart the computer and everything goes back to normal, sttutering and tearing only occurs when is under load

Its a brand new card. It shouldn't artifact at ANY time under ANY load. Just RMA the card, no use trying to fool around with $400 that you literally just spent. You got a lemon, it happens. No production run is ever perfect.

I've been having a lot of issues with my new saphire RX 5700 XT, from screen tearing to stuttering, black screens,system shutting down, everything, i can't even play games anymore, without fearing that i will crash and close. drivers are up to date, everything wored "fine" before, did a clean driver installation, uninstalled in safe, installed again, my drivers version is 19.7.2, whic according to every website, is the latest. i dont know if i ahve to go for warranty, or just wait until this drivers nightmare ends
my system
CPU: R7 1700

Cpu Cooler: Be quiet dark rock pro 4 
Mobo: Msi B350 Gaming plus
Ram: 32 gb of gskill ddr4 3000 mhz
SSD: 512 gb m.2 teamgroup
Psu: 550 PSU thermaltake bronze 80+
Cpu Cooler: Be quiet dark rock pro 4 
Case: in win 101

IMG_20190719_213747.jpg

IMG_20190720_094855.jpg

IMG_20190720_094916.jpg

I'd try moving the 5700 XT down to your bottom PCIe 2.0 slot. I just had display issues with an old Z77 board that was resolved by moving its video card down to the bottom slot. Turns out there was something defective/wrong with the top slot. 

If the problem persists on the bottom slot, I'd try moving the 5700 XT to another PC, if possible, to see if you can replicate the same issue. At that point, it would be pretty conclusive that there's something 'wrong' with the 5700 XT. 

54 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Yeah, I'd probably guess your GPU is dead.

i dont think it is dead, i restart the computer and everything goes back to normal, sttutering and tearing only occurs when is under load

1 minute ago, Chucknorris921 said:

it's probably dead; try putting it in another slot or another pc. if it still does that, then RMA

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, Chucknorris921 said:

Its a brand new card. It shouldn't artifact at ANY time under ANY load. Just RMA the card, no use trying to fool around with $400 that you literally just spent. You got a lemon, it happens. No production run is ever perfect.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

What are the temps when you see it glitching? I'm assuming you are going through extremely high temps. There were serious issues with temps on AMD's own cooler, so I'm a assuming that your Saphire model cooler might not be superior to the original one.

Basically what the others said. First put this in another pc if you can, if not get your card replaced. GPU artifacts almost always happen under load when your card is pushing for higher frequency on mem/core.

Don't worry though, except for the wait time which can be annoying they gonna replace your card.

Run DDU in Safe Mode, re-install drivers. Worked for me. Also, don't run MSI Afterburner (if you are) and see if that helps. I was also getting weird artifacting and random shutdowns day one, and then I did that and it never came up again.

Screen tearing and stutters are normal black screen could be cpu problem because new card will be pushing cpu harder than before 

my 1700 used to black screen on me all the time until I pulled clocks back, 

try running cpu at stock 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 7/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, HumdrumPenguin said:

What are the temps when you see it glitching? I'm assuming you are going through extremely high temps. There were serious issues with temps on AMD's own cooler, so I'm a assuming that your Saphire model cooler might not be superior to the original one.

honestly, temps were fine, never got above 70 degress, i was was relaly loud, but not the worst i've experienced

On 7/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, WallacEngineering said:

you were right, i changed the gpu to another pc and the problem persisted, then i went to the retail shop were i bought it and they refound me after testing it, it was dead, shame, because in my small country (costa rica) we are not really a target for big companies like amd, and the retail store were i got the was the first one to have it in the country, and they only got 5 of those, 1 been damaged means that the 20% of their stock was damaged, bad luck i guess, well, like they only had 5 of those, i had to change for another one, and now i got my self a brand new 2070 super, couldnt be any happier now, thanks for the advice

1 minute ago, Chucknorris921 said:

you were right, i changed the gpu to another pc and the problem persisted, then i went to the retail shop were i bought it and they refound me after testing it, it was dead, shame, because in my small country (costa rica) we are not really a target for big companies like amd, and the retail store were i got the was the first one to have it in the country, and they only got 5 of those, 1 been damaged means that the 20% of their stock was damaged, bad luck i guess, well, like they only had 5 of those, i had to change for another one, and now i got my self a brand new 2070 super, couldnt be any happier now, thanks for the advice

Ah so they sold out of the 5700-XT huh? Bummer, I would have suggested that you waited for the 5700-XT aftermarket cards coming out here in about 3 weeks anyways.

The 2070-S is a faster GPU in everyday usage by about 5-10% in most cases, so you did at least get a small upgrade.

The real bummer is the fact that when water cooled, the 5700-XT overclocks way past even a max overclocked 2070-S and almost up to an overclocked 2080. Apparently the 5700-XT's limitations are all in software are power limits, trying to keep the card efficient. Pretty much every 5700-XT is capable of 2200+MHz OC.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

I just had an issue with my RX 5700. granted, it isn't an XT, but i found that using the Auto-Installer from AMD's "Drivers and Support" page that installs the latest driver update had a bug in it that affected my graphics card. I just uninstalled AMD Settings from the Programs and Uninstall settings menu from windows and re-installed the 19.7.2 driver and it works perfectly fine now. I also uninstalled and updated my monitor drivers but I don't think that was the issue I was running into.

I'm not sure if you plan on getting another RX 5700XT, but if you do, try to do the way I mentioned and see if that helps. I'm trying ot let anybody with RX 5700 (xt) problems know of what I've found works for me! Best of luck w/ your new GPU my friend.