Gender vs Game  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Gender selection

• Male IRL, Male ingame
    • Female IRL, Male ingame
    • Male IRL, Female ingame
    • Female IRL, Female ingame
    • Other

I'm a dude and my IG characters are dudes. Never wanted or needed to play as a female MC unless there isn't a choice.

2 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

May or may not be a bit too obsessed with looking good, but the fashion game is paramount.

It's a struggle in Destiny 2 for sure.

If you have any of this season's Eververse armor(specifically the Optimacy set), that's been a favorite of mine. Great Hunt armor(Last Wish raid) is also pretty sweet.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's a struggle in Destiny 2 for sure.

If you have any of this season's Eververse armor(specifically the Optimacy set), that's been a favorite of mine. Great Hunt armor(Last Wish raid) is also pretty sweet.

I dismantle all that for bright dust, lol. In September it'll come back as universal ornaments so I can run my old eververse stuff then. Right now I run the Menagerie chest, Dunemarchers, CoS arms and mark, and the Tangled Shore helmet on my titan. Sometimes swap out for the IB arms cause wolf shoulders, and all in a bright pink (sunrise warrior shader). I was Iron Man red for a bit, but I do private matches with a colorblind friend sometimes and being red makes it really hard for her to see me so I changed it up. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I dismantle all that for bright dust, lol. In September it'll come back as universal ornaments so I can run my old eververse stuff then. Right now I run the Menagerie chest, Dunemarchers, CoS arms and mark, and the Tangled Shore helmet on my titan. Sometimes swap out for the IB arms cause wolf shoulders, and all in a bright pink (sunrise warrior shader). I was Iron Man red for a bit, but I do private matches with a colorblind friend sometimes and being red makes it really hard for her to see me so I changed it up. 

I usually tend to go for darker colors on my characters. Or darker with some contrast of brighter colors. I can send you some screenshots of what my characters look like if you want haha

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I usually tend to go for darker colors on my characters. Or darker with some contrast of brighter colors. I can send you some screenshots of what my characters look like if you want haha

I used to run the darker menagerie shader, I forget what the name is. Closest thing to a full blacked out look. Really wish bungie would make a full matte black/grey shader but they insist on putting something shiny or brightly colored in most shaders. And feel free to DM pics and I'll take a look at them. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

I used to run the darker menagerie shader, I forget what the name is. Closest thing to a full blacked out look. Really wish bungie would make a full matte black/grey shader but they insist on putting something shiny or brightly colored in most shaders. And feel free to DM pics and I'll take a look at them. 

Shadow Gilt is probably the one you're thinking of. I like that one a lot too.

When it's a customization thing, it entirely depends on which character model I feel best conveys the character I want to play. Quite often I will find that for every race option, I will end up not liking either the male or female aesthetics. Sometimes it's the model itself, other times it's the animations (female trolls in WoW) yet others, it was the size (female bretons in Skyrim are the smallest, which I enjoy when creating a tank-like character). I have enjoyed playing Saints Row 2 as both a geriatric Latina with purple dreads and a reconstruction of my friend Leo in a clown suit. It's all about how interesting I can make my character. Case in point: My original WoW main was male undead simply because it allowed me to play without a lower jaw.

The only gameplay-related times I specifically went with one option or the other was in Resident Evil, but then again who could resist playing as the Master of Unlocking herself?

3 hours ago, Churl said:

I see people wishing they were something other than what they are all the time.

This is a thought that is not worthy of respect.

Let it go and be what you are.

I literally play video games to pretend to be something I am not. Mostly because I couldn't find work as a bald assassin or Dragonborn.

1 hour ago, EldritchMoose said:

I literally play video games to pretend to be something I am not. Mostly because I couldn't find work as a bald assassin or Dragonborn.

just rule your hometown in minecraft!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

9 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

lol, exactly my point.

I remember times ago when I played skyrim of course I used a female character and also in some other games but then once i moved in with my girl to one apartment ... i just did not had the feeling anymore to play like this and now i don't mind playing both. 

Psychological question : ins't it that specially in our teen lives we used to put the feelings or emotions we had into a game character, because it was easier than to actually trust someone and give them ourselves.. also it just required less effort ?

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

9 hours ago, Churl said:

lol, exactly my point.

So... you think people don't deserve respect if they play a video game to pretend to be an Elf Sorcerer? Or an Orc Warrior? etc?

Right.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

19 hours ago, Churl said:

lol, exactly my point.

your point was that the only video games worth playing are the ones that directly simulate your life in every way?

I don't remember ever having seriously played a game where the player can choose between a male and a female character. I am quite sure that I would probably at first pick a male character because that one might be more relatable, but I would retry the game with other characters (regardless of their gender) in case I liked it and the character choice actually had a substantial impact on the gameplay. 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:45 AM, dalekphalm said:

So... you think people don't deserve respect if they play a video game to pretend to be an Elf Sorcerer? Or an Orc Warrior? etc?

Right.

Would English be your second language by any chance? ;)

I said that the thought is not worthy of respect, never said anything about respect or lack of for the people.

Submitted other. I can be who I want to be, or whatever's within the options that the devs have set for their own universe.

2 hours ago, Churl said:

Would English be your second language by any chance? ;)

I said that the thought is not worthy of respect, never said anything about respect or lack of for the people.

My English skills are quite adequate.

Your original statement elaboration if you wish people to understand you better. There are two possible meanings to your statement:

1. You think the thought (or idea) that people wishing they were something they aren't is not worthy of respect - ie: you think if someone wishes they were something else, that's a thought that deserves no respect

2. You think the thought that judging other people for wishing they were something they aren't is not worthy of respect - ie: the fact that someone would judge another person for their wishes says more about the person judging than it does about the person wishing

It's also possible you mean something entirely different, but there's no indication of that.

If you mean the 1st option, then I quite disagree. People wish they were something else all the time - whether that's a kid wishing he were a superhero, or some other context. I suspect I know what you're getting at, but I won't derail the topic by voicing that suspicion.

If you mean the second option, then I 100% agree.

Beyond that, further clarification would be required on your end.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

being female, i choose female ig when i know the community is non-toxic, otherwise, i choose male

but most of the games i play are non-gendered

and 99% of people on discord that know me think i'm male

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

5 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

people that know me knows that i'm a dude cuz i talk like one

i haven't voice revealed so that's a thing

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

double post because internet

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

i meant in text, thats why i said (whatever that means) tho i do voice with one person from time to time

how tf does that work

apparently i text like a male

me mic is borked up

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

i meant in text, thats why i said (whatever that means) tho i do voice with one person from time to time

just say you ran into a patch of poison joke and it made your voice deeper

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

44 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

it depends on the game but in general i choose male for the first playthrough and female for the second but for games that allow gender swap at any time like FC5 and GRW, i just change whenever i feel like i played enough with either

people that know me knows that i'm a dude cuz i talk like one (whatever that means) but those who dont know me think i'm a girl cuz i have "Queen" on my username lowl

I’ve actually gotten some creepy stuff on the message and I’ve had to tell people that it is actually a famous pop star Alison Wonderland as my DP. Somehow people don’t look at the gender part of the profile.

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

My English skills are quite adequate.

Your original statement elaboration if you wish people to understand you better. There are two possible meanings to your statement:

1. You think the thought (or idea) that people wishing they were something they aren't is not worthy of respect - ie: you think if someone wishes they were something else, that's a thought that deserves no respect

2. You think the thought that judging other people for wishing they were something they aren't is not worthy of respect - ie: the fact that someone would judge another person for their wishes says more about the person judging than it does about the person wishing

It's also possible you mean something entirely different, but there's no indication of that.

If you mean the 1st option, then I quite disagree. People wish they were something else all the time - whether that's a kid wishing he were a superhero, or some other context. I suspect I know what you're getting at, but I won't derail the topic by voicing that suspicion.

If you mean the second option, then I 100% agree.

Beyond that, further clarification would be required on your end.

I think that, as an adult, wishing that you are something that you are not is a thought that is not worthy of respect.

I think that having aspirations to learn a new trade, or become a better person are constructive.

While wishing for the unobtainable such as being an endomorph instead of an ectomorph, or being a female instead of a male,

or having super powers, or having a relationship with a fictional character, is actually destructive.