AMD Sempron 3850 HD 8280 w/RX 460 Dual GPU

Hey guys, I'm at my wits end trying to get a new cheap PC I built to run properly. Needing some help.

I bought this PC at an Estate sale for $17, but it didn't have a Hard Driver or a Graphics Card, so I purchased those separately on craigslist. Total PC cost was about $90. Here's the list...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BLP3KB

Couldn't find all the exact parts, so the differences are...

DDR3 1333 memory (my pc) instead of DDR3 1600 (PCPartP)

180w mini ITX PSU (my pc) instead of 220w (PCPartP)

So the goal of this PC is to play games at 720p at 30fps consistently. Game of choice is Tabletop Simulator on Steam. When I play it i get about 5fps... even though i can get 10-45 on Fortnite (Testing purposes.) Testing with only the APU as I write this to see what results I get, will update after completing.

Trying to update drivers and everything, problem is AMD has their Radeon Software, and I'm unsure if it updates the APU Drivers. (I have Intel and NVIDIA for my main computer, so unfamiliar with AMD.)

Tried finding drivers for 3850 online, but other than Radeon Software, I can't find stand alone drivers for it on Windows 10. I did find a Windows 7 driver, but need the win10.

Anyway, is Dual GPU possible with this APU and GPU? What are some recommendations?

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

There usually is a feature in the bios that allows you to disable the apu.  Once this is done switch your hdmi to the graphics card and it should work.  I would also run ddu and install a fresh copy of amd drivers.  Also make sure windows and your chipset drivers are up to date.

1 minute ago, Beowulff83 said:

There usually is a feature in the bios that allows you to disable the apu.  Once this is done switch your hdmi to the graphics card and it should work.  I would also run ddu and install a fresh copy of amd drivers.  Also make sure windows and your chipset drivers are up to date.

I'll look for that setting in the BIOS, thanks.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

dual gpu? forget that idea lol!

a semprom you say? that iirc, it is a low power am1 cpu

is meant for only office use and htpc usage

i have a athlon 5150 here on the same socket, is a slow laptop cpu for desktop, it has power like a celeron 2 cores more or less, i installed in it a r7 250, i played gra v on it but cpu is so weak that half of the city didnt rendered so car was running over the air basically half of the time

your semprom has half speed as my athlon, keep that in mind my athlon os 2.1ghz, ypurs os just 1.3ghz

if you cant put a stronger gpu there, with that cpu, no way it will reach even 30fps on that game, seems to be not only gpu but also cpu intensive and your cpu is very weak

the gpu in that apu is a r3 style gpu, comparable to a hd 7000 series gpu, but the low specs one, the radeon suite does install gpu drivers, if windows 10 doesnt do it for you, you can download other drivers but the radeon suite does install the right one

about the rx460, do you have it or want to buy one?

4 minutes ago, goto10 said:

dual gpu? forget that idea lol!

a semprom you say? that iirc, it is a low power am1 cpu

is meant for only office use and htpc usage

i have a athlon 5150 here on the same socket, is a slow laptop cpu for desktop, it has power like a celeron 2 cores more or less, i installed in it a r7 250, i played gra v on it but cpu is so weak that half of the city didnt rendered so car was running over the air basically half of the time

your semprom has half speed as my athlon, keep that in mind my athlon os 2.1ghz, ypurs os just 1.3ghz

if you cant put a stronger gpu there, with that cpu, no way it will reach even 30fps on that game, seems to be not only gpu but also cpu intensive and your cpu is very weak

the gpu in that apu is a r3 style gpu, comparable to a hd 7000 series gpu, but the low specs one, the radeon suite does install gpu drivers, if windows 10 doesnt do it for you, you can download other drivers but the radeon suite does install the right one

about the rx460, do you have it or want to buy one?

I kinda figured it was all weak hardware, I just was making sure I had everything setup properly, and there wasn't a way to enable/disable dual GPU, which might have helped. Obviously if I get it all perfect and then the games don't run as normal, I'd start looking for new hardware.

Tabletop Simulator ran the same with GPU installed and without the GPU installed... makes me think it's a CPU heavy game and doesn't really utilize the GPU.

I already own everything in the parts list.

If I can find an ITX (case restraints) CPU/Motherboard combo on craigslist that supports DDR3 1333 I might end up getting it.