Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Queen Chrysallis

Windows 10 Can't Copy Paste

Posted · Original PosterOP

This issue started today, outta nowhere i was unable to copy paste for whatever reason, the keys themselves work perfectly fine but the act of copy and paste somehow does not....

Someone suggested me to restart my PC, which i did, and it was solved but then i had to restart again and again came the issue back, i tried restarting once more and nope, still nothing, can't copy and paste...

Does anyone know how can i solve this? It can't be the keyboard cuz as i said, the keys themselves work perfectly normal also i can't copy and paste using just the mouse either..

Whelp!

Current, New System

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Old System (Now Retired)

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

- Previously ReggieGRS

12 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

Whelp!

When you right click, does the menu pop up that shows the "copy" and "paste" option, or no?

Also, ensure the Clipboard service is running.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

@Radium_Angel As i was readying a reply to you, i figured out the culprit, ScreenGrab Pro, i had the "Copy Image to Clipboard" checked, i unchecked it and instantly i was able to copy paste again...

Wierd thing is, when i tried restarting the PC, i tried copy pasting when putting my password in and didn't work, and ScreenGrab Pro doesn't start with the system i do so manually and i also check the option manually i use this app for ages, only TODAY this began so i don't get it

Right now i can copy paste but i see no clipboard process running in task manager

Edit: i tried enabling the "Copy Image to Clipboard" again and i can still copy paste... confusion confusifies

Current, New System

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Old System (Now Retired)

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

- Previously ReggieGRS

3 hours ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

clipboard process running in task manager

It's a background service, it may show up as the omnipresent svchost.exe

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's a background service, it may show up as the omnipresent svchost.exe

oh thats there all the time

Current, New System

Old System (Now Retired)

Peripherals And Others

- Previously ReggieGRS