Network visibility between two VLANs.

Levent

Hi, I got two networks running in my house.

image.png.a2ebb7ea83c9db950973b0eb5dca7fc0.png

Router has 2 VLAN:

VLAN0 has all traffic routed through OpenVPN client that is running on the router itself.

VLAN1 connects to ISP's router.

Issue I am having is kind of annoying. I can access to devices on both VLANs through both routers IF I use their ipv4 addresses (which is fine) however I would love to have all of my SMB devices (including APs and routers) listed in Windows Explorer/Network.

I cant see 10.0.0.1 router, AP and my laptop on my server. nor can my laptop can see my server on the network.

image.png.e743ed31b3ead960db8ca6dc58c333f1.png

Any ideas on how this can be done? server traffic has to run on ISP internet, OpenVPN client I am running on server severely bottlenecked by routers CPU and can only achieve 4mbps while the direct connection is 100/25

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You can type in the IP in Windows explorer address bar using the following format...

\\192.168.0.50

After you do that you can map the shares as network drives.

Device listing info is not route-able AFAIK, because it uses broadcast addresses.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

You can type in the IP in Windows explorer address bar using the following format...

\\192.168.0.50

After you do that you can map the shares as network drives.

yeah that works thats what I have been doing, I was wondering if it was possible to list all devices in Network window.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

yeah that works thats what I have been doing, I was wondering if it was possible to list all devices in Network window.

Generally I have only gotten the network listing to work properly in a domain.  Otherwise it is very hit or miss.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Generally I have only gotten the network listing to work properly in a domain.  Otherwise it is very hit or miss.

I see, I got too many things configured to change the subnets so I guess its going to stay that way for a while. Thanks.