Enabling 2nd GPU while both M.2 slots are occupied?

The product page claims "2-way SLI or 3-way Crossfire." And also boasts about:

• Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ AM4 and 7th generation Athlon™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual NVMe M.2, onboard 802.11AC WIFI, front panel USB 3.1 and gigabit LAN

I only have two Vega cards, so 2-way crossfire it is then! And I have two NVMe's, so I set those up after some frustration with the BIOS updates on this board. 

But now both NVMe's work, and I'm happy. 

However, after installing the 2nd M.2 drive, my 2nd Vega no longer shows up in Windows or BIOS.

1st Vega is running at x4 currently, while it used to be x8 and x4 for crossfire previously. 

I have no idea which settings to modify to have both my Vegas show up in BIOS, while being able to use both M.2 drives as well. 

I have no other SATA devices, or PCIE cards connected. I should be able to get this to work, IIRC the x370 provides 20 lanes, 4 of which go to 1st GPU, and 4+4 of which go to the NVMe's. That leaves 8 lanes, more than enough to run one more graphics card.... so why can't I configure it this way? Unless I'm mistaken and NVMe's actually take 8 lanes each?

If it's not possible to have a 2nd or 3rd GPU if you use both M.2 slots... should the product page *disclose that? Shouldn't this be mentioned in the manual? It's as if running a setup like mine has never occurred to anyone at Asus. 

The only thing the manual says is that the 2nd m.2 slot shares lanes with the 2nd GPU. But that's shares and not "completely takes all the lanes away from your 2nd GPU."

V'been badgering this out for a week now with no progress. Help?

Manual screenshots below if useful.

mb1.thumb.JPG.5a4c3fed9579513355ba7eac360efb03.JPG

mb2.thumb.JPG.c39a6bdd004799722eac9f8d2ef2ffaf.JPG

when they mean shares, it means that they have one connection between them that only one can use. 

its one or the other, so technically, they are sharing the connection. if you have a problem with that, get a different mobo

29 minutes ago, Saksham said:

when they mean shares, it means that they have one connection between them that only one can use. 

its one or the other, so technically, they are sharing the connection. if you have a problem with that, get a different mobo

Alright, and what motherboard would that be? The crosshair extreme is apparently the highest end Ryzen x370 motherboard. 

Also, does that mean the bottommost pcie slot can be used to run the 2nd GPU since it's not sharing any lanes with anything? 

15 hours ago, Enten said:

lso, does that mean the bottommost pcie slot can be used to run the 2nd GPU since it's not sharing any lanes with anything? 

yes.

for the motherboards that dont share it, you will have to check them yourself. each mobo allocates lanes differently.