I need to FULLY clone ssd to nvme. (easus?)

orlando690

I have paid for back up before (pc/phone repair shop, also geeksquad) and files were missing. I am afraid of this happening again so now I'm doing it myself. 

Some of the programs like to embed the save files into wierd places and also have keys.

I just bought an nvme and want to use that as the boot/primary drive as well as. The old ssd I bought is fast but it's only 200 gigs and only 20 gigs of space left. 

I know easeus can clone windows os too. So my guess is they clone everything. Is this true? Is the free version all I need? I just need to make everything transfer. Will cloning work on Dropbox and such?

Also. How do I test nvmes? I want to make sure speeds are as advertised, or atleast 60‰ of what's advertised. 

Want to test xpg sx8200 pro 512gb and crucial p1 1tb. 

The XPG will replace current pc. But the P1 is for new build, can I clone to this xpg and be fine (from the ssd since only have 1 nvme slot) ? 

Screenshot_20190718-215437_Chrome.jpg

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

@orlando690 Short answer would be no.You cant clone sata ssd to NVME ssd in case of boot drive.As drive controllers are different.Windows wont boot.You need to do clean install on nvme and then deploy back up of your files.Just create windows full back up or google any other freeware.

For speed testing you can use crytal disk mark.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

30 minutes ago, Xcoool said:

Short answer would be no.You cant clone sata ssd to NVME ssd in case of boot drive.As drive controllers are different.Windows wont boot.

This simply is not true, i migrated from a samsung sata ssd to an nvme ssd without issue using there migration tool not too long back.

@orlando690 Your XPG(ADATA) SSD comes with a free copy of Acronis true image HD disk migration software. This should work fine for cloning you windows install and data. You can download it here: https://www.adata.com/en/ss/software-5/

You do have to jump through a few hoops to get the licence key though, here's a guide.

If you run into any problems come back here and i'll do what i can to help.

@SuperCloneRanger

Thank you for this. Very helpful and seems like a safer bet then a free version of another product. Questions though:

So I would install this software to the sata ssd then I could use it to clone into my nvme which can be hardware installed at any time right? 

Can I use this software to clone into the P1 as well or is it locked to only work with XPG as target destination? 

Can the source be the XPG and then target destination the P1? 

I am building 2 pcs. My personal mobo has 2 nvme slots I can take advantage of. This would mean taking the targeted XPG from current pc into my personal pc to target the P1. Then I would move the XPG to the current pc and the P1 to another new pc. My personal pc I will clean install windows 10 on my personal xpg.

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

54 minutes ago, orlando690 said:

So I would install this software to the sata ssd then I could use it to clone into my nvme which can be hardware installed at any time right? 

Yes. 

Can I use this software to clone into the P1 as well or is it locked to only work with XPG as target destination?

The software is not locked to a spcific drive, it is a full version of Acronis.

I am building 2 pcs. My personal mobo has 2 nvme slots I can take advantage of. This would mean taking the targeted XPG from current pc into my personal pc to target the P1. Then I would move the XPG to the current pc and the P1 to another new pc. My personal pc I will clean install windows 10 on my personal xpg.

You lost me a little, as long as at the end of everything each computer only has one boot drive and your not trying to run 2 computers on one windows licence you should be fine.

Please make sure to back up your important data before starting. I know it can be a pain especially when there's a ton of files but please don't skip this step.

I've installed the software, it looks very simple to use. once you have the software installed and have activated it with the licence from adata. you select clone disk, automatic, select the drive you wish to copy, then the destination, ok and finish.

I've got the software now so if you get stuck or run into trouble come back here and i'll do what i can to help.

Good Luck.

7 hours ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

Please make sure to back up your important data before starting. I know it can be a pain especially when there's a ton of files but please don't skip this step.

Thanks for reminding me, I have a question regarding this. First-does my source data get erased? 

Like mentioned before, I have some data stuck in places that has gotten lost when I payed companies to transfer my data. I think it saves right into some windows OS file that I don't know how to get into. 

Would this ADATA tool be able to backup entire system with OS so that I am sure nothing is lost? This goes for cloning too

Does cloning actually clone stubborn software that doesn't want to be anywhere else except the original hdd? (i have hometech installed somewhere that I can't get support for unless I get the new version ($1k) and thus no way of using it) 

I'm actually going to be trying this out this evening or tomorrow, I don't know since that pc does need to be used. 

Can I use the pc while fully backing up? 

Can I use the pc while cloning? (easeus doesn't clone anything that's running except OS, why I ask) 

you select clone disk, automatic, select the drive you wish to copy, then the destination, ok and finish.

So no need to format the nvme to same as ssd, this is done automatically? 

------------------

Thanks for all the help. 

Baby Beast:

1 hour ago, orlando690 said:

Thanks for reminding me, I have a question regarding this. First-does my source data get erased? 

No

1 hour ago, orlando690 said:

Would this ADATA tool be able to backup entire system with OS so that I am sure nothing is lost?

Yes, it can make a 1 to 1 copy of your c drive. If you only have 1 drive connected follow the first vid, if there is more than 1 follow vid 2.

2 hours ago, orlando690 said:

Does cloning actually clone stubborn software that doesn't want to be anywhere else except the original hdd?

Yes, like the backup above, cloning will create an exact copy of the original drive including windows and hidden files. here's a few vids showing the process. I just picked 2 random drives to show you what to do. i recommend only having 2 drives installed at a time to prevent accidents like formatting the wrong drive. It may ask you to restart the computer, this is fine.

Can I use the pc while fully backing up? 

Can I use the pc while cloning?

No, i do not recommend using the computer while cloning or backing up. find a time to do it when you do not need to use the computer

So no need to format the nvme to same as ssd, this is done automatically?

Yes. as you can see in my example my destination is a fresh unformatted ssd.

If you have any more questions or get stuck you know where to find me.

Good Luck. 

@SuperCloneRanger

Wow. Thank you so much. I was actually looking for videos myself. And I swear I couldn't find anything helpful. 

Thank you! ❤️?

Baby Beast:

@SuperCloneRanger 

DO you happen to know how to save the back up file directly to Google drive? I have unlimited drive. 

I lost my external hdd and instead of buying I'd like to take advantage of drive. 

I have ~200 gigs used up. 28 gigs left on the ssd I will be replacing. Before I clone I want to back up just incase anything happens. 

Baby Beast: