Red Camera? That'll be $95 - Prime day glitch turns into a field day for camera enthusiasts

rcmaehl
1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

what are they going to do after its shipped? call the USPS driver to come back?

hello this is amazon we need you to come back we screwed up.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

what are they going to do after its shipped? call the USPS driver to come back?

I believe if they have shipped with UPS or their own carrier, they could actually do this. UPS offers the possibility to redirect a package to a different address while in transit for example, so their system is set up for it.

With USPS, I am not sure if they have that option.

I have also had Amazon cancel an order that was in transit, because the package was damaged or lost. So they could definitely do this.

I thought tampering with mail in the US was a Federal Crime, surely once it has been dispatched 'It's in the system' and should anyone re-route it then that's a federal offence or does it kind of work the same as it does in the Uk where little companies get shafted by the law and big ones just give everyone the middle finger and simply say 'Sue Us' (oh and if it fails we bill our entire department at about £5M per week so be prepared for bankruptcy!)

5 hours ago, Ethariel01 said:

I thought tampering with mail in the US was a Federal Crime, surely once it has been dispatched 'It's in the system' and should anyone re-route it then that's a federal offence or does it kind of work the same as it does in the Uk where little companies get shafted by the law and big ones just give everyone the middle finger and simply say 'Sue Us' (oh and if it fails we bill our entire department at about £5M per week so be prepared for bankruptcy!)

Tampering with someone else's mail is a federal crime. But a sender requesting that a package be returned isn't tampering.

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

It would (I assume) only become illegal if it was already delivered and the delivery service attempts to take it back.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 hours ago, Ethariel01 said:

Tampering with the mail handled by the U.S. Postal Service while it's in their care IS a federal offense.

However, Amazon packages here in the U.S. are often delivered by one of the two other major private entities who handle parcels, UPS and FedEx. Packages handled by these two companies do NOT have federal protection, with the exception of times where they act as agents of the U.S. Postal Service in delivering an overflow of mail.

(Source: Drove for FedEx for a few years and every now and then, we'd be tasked with delivering USPS mail when our routes happened to be faster or when there was an excess. Our packages weren't protected, but any mailpiece in that white plastic box was sacred)