Red Camera? That'll be $95 - Prime day glitch turns into a field day for camera enthusiasts

rcmaehl
9 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

"However, if there is a genuine mistake on the part of the trader to display the correct price, the trader can claim that there is a defect in consent and the contract may be set aside, especially if the consumer should reasonably have known that the price displayed was the result of an error."

So no, you're not going to get 90% off on something even in Europe due to a price error.  Your logic would be similar to saying if a customer pulls out their wallet and a $20 bill falls out while they're trying to pay for a $1 item then they're obligated to give the business that $20.  No law system anywhere is actively trying to enabled customers or businesses to be doing those sorts of tricks.

"Finders keepers your honor" :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Um depending on where the person doing the order is located Amazon may not be able to do so. In many parts of europe if you advertise somthing as X price you have to honour that price even if it was a mistake.

In EU there's always "mistake clause" and this magical thing that usually is scares in the States called "common sense".

If you see a 1500$ camera sale for 95$ that is quite clearly mistakenly priced and in 10 out of 10 cases the deal will be nullified because the price is so ludicrous that everybody can see that it cannot be a real sale price.

40 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

In EU there's always "mistake clause" and this magical thing that usually is scares in the States called "common sense".

Hate to break it to you, but the mistake clause is no more common sense than making a retailer honor the prices they list.

No one but the retailer knows why the price is listed the way it is, they just know that the retailer is listing that good at that price.

Anyone that took Amazon up on the offer this thread focuses on, is entitled to the product if Amazon already charged them for it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Hate to break it to you, but the mistake clause is no more common sense than making a retailer honor the prices they list.

No one but the retailer knows why the price is listed the way it is, they just know that the retailer is listing that good at that price.

Anyone that took Amazon up on the offer this thread focuses on, is entitled to the product if Amazon already charged them for it.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/company-advertising-price-wrong-responsible-mistake-73117.html

Not sure how accurate that is yet, but they state there isn't a law requiring a retailer to honor a mistaken price.  

Here's an article (from an actual credible site) that references a 2003 price issue that Amazon didn't honor:

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-wont-honor-pricing-mistake/

Another time they cancelled orders:

https://www.cnet.com/news/glitch-bungles-amazon-orders/

Just not seeing anything that requires them to honor these price mistakes.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:55 PM, D13H4RD said:

And yes, they actually sent out the orders. 

One guy received an a7iii and 10-18 f/4 OSS

One guy did?  Does he have a name?  Location?  Verifiable link to ANYTHING?  Can you be any less vague?

Or is it like the time I had a girlfriend in high school.  In another state who was always busy and could never visit when my friends could ever see her?

Yeah.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

41 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You must be one of those "funny guys" who finds an item from a store without pricetag and goes "it doesn't have a price, it must be free".

For real, if the price is unbelievable good it's either mistake or there's a dog (or whole pack) buried somewhere.

6 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Just not seeing anything that requires them to honor these price mistakes.

You're missing a component of my argument here:

44 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

if Amazon already charged them for it.

1 minute ago, Thaldor said:

You must be one of those "funny guys" who finds an item from a store without pricetag and goes "it doesn't have a price, it must be free".

No, that's an idiotic assumption.

2 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

For real, if the price is unbelievable good it's either mistake or there's a dog (or whole pack) buried somewhere

Unbelievable is irrelevant. Mistakes are irrelevant. If Amazon makes the offer, someone takes it, and Amazon charges for it, the person that took that offer is entitled to what Amazon offered.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

18 hours ago, maartendc said:

Usually these types of orders get cancelled.

everytime I've tried my luck with these types of things it was never honored

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

37 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You're missing a component of my argument here:

No, that's an idiotic assumption.

Unbelievable is irrelevant. Mistakes are irrelevant. If Amazon makes the offer, someone takes it, and Amazon charges for it, the person that took that offer is entitled to what Amazon offered.

Again, you're trying to apply a certain way of thinking (call it logic, cultural preference, common sense, what SHOULD happen, etc) to a situation that has laws and agreements governing it.

Retail is its own beast.  It's not governed by what you think or feel or want.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

Again, you're trying to apply a certain way of thinking (call it logic, cultural preference, common sense, what SHOULD happen, etc) to a situation that has laws and agreements governing it.

Retail is its own beast.  It's not governed by what you think or feel or want.

Retail is still subject to contractual obligation. Sales are contractual obligations.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Retail is still subject to contractual obligation. Sales are contractual obligations.

Yes, and you need to READ the contract then.  It has provisions for these things.  Hence why Amazon can choose to honor or not.

You're simply guessing at what the contract should say, not acknowledging what it actually says.

If you've ever played a MMORPG, you've been under their EULA which does not fit common sense always.  An example of a contract that contradicts what most people THINK should be.

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

Hence why Amazon can choose to honor or not.

Amazon can only choose to honor their prices prior to charging customers. The second they take their money, they're obligated to fulfill their end of the contract.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I did my digging and when ti comes to online it gets super complicated. Retail once they take your money the sale is final. Online it depends how their ToS is worded, if they enter into a contract with you at time of sale, (i.e. once they take your money), they have to honour it, but it can be worded such that they only enter into contract once the goods are delivered. Which is where the confusion tends to arise, (understandably, unless it's an online matter all sales are final once the money is charged). The other aspect is false advertising which gets conflated. If a store runs a major ad campaign showing one price but actually charges somthing else they can get into all kinds of bother.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Amazon can only choose to honor their prices prior to charging customers. The second they take their money, they're obligated to fulfill their end of the contract.

Most online retailers, including Amazon, do not charge the customer until after the item has shipped or been delivered. So its within Amazon's ability to cancel the order up until then. 

8 minutes ago, harryk said:

Most online retailers, including Amazon, do not charge the customer until after the item has shipped or been delivered.

That’s blatantly false. Online retailers don’t ship until the charge goes through.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Amazon Germany had some phones listed about 9 or 10 years ago for about 1/3-1/4 of the actual price (something like that anyway - they were about €100 instead of €3-400) they should have been, I ordered some of them but I think word got around to plenty of people who started ordering them too. They sent a cancellation notice later that day when they had probably started picking them, cancelling the order as it was an error, and as they hadn't already charged my card as they only do that when they are prepping for dispatch, it was tough luck. Made me sad for the 10 I'd ordered... haha.

12 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Not if they accepted payment in exchange for the product.

ownership transfers when the item is transfered, not when money is transfered.

40 minutes ago, poochyena said:

ownership transfers when the item is transfered, not when money is transfered.

Where did you hear that idiocy?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Where did you hear that idiocy?

You are correct except for one very important point that goes back to the Contract and its wording...  Specifically item 3.  Amazon, and other online retailers DO NOT use an unconditional contract of sale.  There are stipulations in there as I mentioned previously.  Once again, you seem to just willy nilly ignore the actual wording of the Contract.  

It's like arguing with a child who simply screams I want Ice Cream and you keep saying there isn't any in the house.  

https://accountlearning.com/transfer-of-ownership-sale-of-specific-goods-unascertained-goods-on-approval/

1. The Ownership is Transferred at the Time of Making the Contract

As per Sec. 20 of the Act, in case of specific goods, the ownership is transferred at the time of making the contract if the following conditions are fulfilled.

1) Specific Goods

The sale must be of specific goods – the goods that are identified and agreed upon at the time of making the contract of sale.

2) Deliverable State

The goods must be in a deliverable state. The goods are in a deliverable state when they are acceptable to the buyer and he can take delivery immediately.

3) Unconditional Contract of Sale

The contract of sale must be unconditional – the contract in which no condition is imposed with regard to the transfer of ownership of the goods.

On the fulfillment of the above said three conditions, the ownership of the goods is transferred from the seller to the buyer.

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

That’s blatantly false. Online retailers don’t ship until the charge goes through.

I'm quite sure it's illegal in the EU to charge money for an item that hasn't shipped. So it depends on legislation.

13 hours ago, jstudrawa said:

You are correct except for one very important point that goes back to the Contract and its wording...  Speecifically item 3.  Amazon, and other online retailers DO NOT use an unconditional contract of sale.  There are stipulations in there as I mentioned previously.  Once again, you seem to just willy nilly ignore the actual wording of the Contract.  

Your source doesn't support your position. Upon payment, retailers and customers have made a legal agreement for the exchange of a good for compensation. Amazon has legal obligation to fulfill their part of the contract if yhe customer fulfilled their end.

13 hours ago, Trixanity said:

I'm quite sure it's illegal in the EU to charge money for an item that hasn't shipped

Then no retailer would operate online in the EU. That system is backwards as fuck.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Then no retailer would operate online in the EU. That system is backwards as fuck.

Well, they do.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Your source doesn't support your position. Upon payment, retailers and customers have made a legal agreement for the exchange of a good for compensation. Amazon has legal obligation to fulfill their part of the contract if yhe customer fulfilled their end.

Holy shit, how you can continually ignore the part about the contract HAS STIPULATIONS in it to modify this?!

https://www.michalsons.com/blog/when-a-retailer-displays-the-wrong-price/3723

Suppliers should reject offers and not cancel transactions

The definition of transaction in the ECT Act is unhelpful but the CPA defines transaction as an agreement between persons to supply goods or services in return for money. The CPA goes further to define an agreement as an arrangement that purports to establish a legal relationship between the parties. It does not specify what that legal relationship is. So, it could be the finalised sale which would mean that the consumer is only permitted to cancel after the sale is finalised. The term ‘agreement’ could also include the phase where the consumer has offered to buy the products but the sale has not yet been finalised. If this is so, then the supplier could reject the offer if they are unable to perform that agreement on the grounds that the goods are not available (section 46). This section could be understood to mean that goods classed as unavailable includes goods that are advertised at the incorrect price. If the term ‘agreement’ includes an offer, then the supplier must reject the offer (not cancel) and refund any payments.

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

2 hours ago, harryk said:

Most online retailers, including Amazon, do not charge the customer until after the item has shipped or been delivered. So its within Amazon's ability to cancel the order up until then. 

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

9 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I'm quite sure it's illegal in the EU to charge money for an item that hasn't shipped. So it depends on legislation.

I've bought many things on the internet. You ALWAYS pay when you order. Even in weird cases, like on AliExpress, where the seller is only paid after you've confirmed to have received the package, you pay on ordering, and AliExpress themselves hold the money until you've received the item.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

3 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Holy shit, how you can continually ignore the part about the contract HAS STIPULATIONS in it to modify this?!

Just because Amazon says one thing doesn't mean that it can go against local, state, or federal ordinance, statute, or law. In Florida, they would have to honor it regardless of "glitch". CPB would likely review the case and determine that the customer did in fact see the price and paid for it. ToS does not supersede the law. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers