Old android phone - Is it possible to upgrade OS

ringo
I found my old Huawei U8650 in the closet. It works, I just need to replace the battery. It has android 2.3.5. I was thinking to use it primary for reproducing music for my bluetooth speaker and for mail, calls and sms - my second SIM card. Is it possible to put some other android version that will boost up a speed a little bit? Thank you.

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8650_sonic-4205.php

Putting a newer android usually make it slower.

And i don't think huawei updated the OS for that old phone.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

You might be able to get a custom ROM on there, but thats a whole different ordeal.

(Custom as in made by user(s) instead of the manufacterer).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

with 512mb ram, you will not have a smooth experience whatsoever, however I found one ICS rom for that device.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Im pretty sure you will be able to update the version of android your phone is on if you do a custom rom but as SupaKomputa said before it will be slower due to the higher resource demand and you will not be able to update it to the newest version of android unless either you or someone else has made a specific custom ROM for this phone. After all of that I found a guide that takes you through the process of unlocking your boot loader and rooting if your interested but I can not guarantee that your phone will work after following these steps.

guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1304678