When will b450 tomahawk better bios come out?

Hello I just bought a b450 tomahawk and I just realised that many people have problem with recent bios v18 for ryzen 3000

Anyone knows when the new better one will come out?

13 minutes ago, Yiannis15 said:

Hello I just bought a b450 tomahawk and I just realised that many people have problem with recent bios v18 for ryzen 3000

Anyone knows when the new better one will come out?

No, unless someone works for MSI here, it’s hard to tell. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Um, I just bought one today and updated it and the bios was 1.9.

4 minutes ago, paulmohr said:

Um, I just bought one today and updated it and the bios was 1.9.

Did it work with the CPU?

Yep I am using it now. 3600 on a tomahawk b450 with a 32 gigs of 3200 ram (2x16). It even worked with my 1500x after updating the bios.

11 minutes ago, paulmohr said:

Yep I am using it now. 3600 on a tomahawk b450 with a 32 gigs of 3200 ram (2x16). It even worked with my 1500x after updating the bios.

You updated with USB and flash button? Also first try?

No, I didn't use the flashback option. I upgraded from a 1500x so I just dropped that in there first to make sure everything booted up and worked before I put the new 3600 in it. So I updated the bios with that in there using the mflash feature in the bios and a usb stick. I wasn't completely clear on how the flashback thing worked and since my computer was torn apart and where I was working on it was near a eithernet connection I couldn't look it up. But ya, it worked the first time. I just upgraded it, booted back up to windows, then shut it down and swapped cpus. It took a while to start back up and forced me into the bios but that is normal when you change a cpu or memory. I just loaded defaults, saved and rebooted and it worked fine. I even used my old hardrives and didn't bother removing any of the old drivers. It worked with all the drivers from the old asrock b350 board. After I got it all back together I cleaned them up and installed the drivers for this board.

7 hours ago, Yiannis15 said:

You updated with USB and flash button? Also first try?

Yiannis, i'm not sure if you are aware...but if you get stuck doing flashing via bios flash button, amd will lend you a cpu to update the bios with. Its a pain to go through it all but they will even pay for the return shipping

look at: "Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit"

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

On MSI subreddit the MSI moderator mentione that they expect a stable release for all the boards by the end of the month.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on 3700x and MSI b450 carbon board and it should arrive by the middle of the august , i am in no hurry and really expect that MSI will maange to fix the issues till then. We built a PC on b450 tomahawk with a friend, it flashed from the second try and works fine with exception of CPU and VGA debug light being ON during boot for a few seconds. But it DOES boot every time, so there is hope..