Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GrockleTD

~70 US headphones

Posted · Original PosterOP

thinking about getting some new headphones, what's good?

Spoiler

Behesda PC:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

motorbored: ASRock B450 Steel Legend

Graphics: PNY XLR8 gaming GTX 1060 3GB

Memeory-Rams: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200

HDD: 1 TB Hitachi Mechanical

SSD’s: 256GB 860 EVO, 128GB 850 PRO

PheadHones: Logitech G430's

MacroPwn: Blue yeti nano

Keybored: Logitech G413 Carbon

Moose: Logitech G502 Hero

Monitor: 1600x900 21.5 " Gateway monitor

PSU: Corsair RM 650X

Spoiler

CrumpleBox:

CPU:

Mobo:

Memory:

HDD:

GPU: GTX 770 with an Original titan cooler

PSU:

Cooling:

For? (Gaming? Listening to music? Audio production? Streaming? etc...)

Preferences? (On ear? Over ear? In ear? Bass heavy? Balanced? Wired? Wireless? etc...)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

For? (Gaming? Listening to music? Audio production? Streaming? etc...)

Preferences? (On ear? Over ear? In ear? Bass heavy? Balanced? Wired? Wireless? etc...)

excuse my lack of details, im not well versed in the world of audio. Gaming and listening to music, over ear, balanced, wireless is a bonus but not required

Spoiler

Behesda PC:

Spoiler

CrumpleBox:

CPU:

Mobo:

Memory:

HDD:

PSU:

Cooling:

13 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

excuse my lack of details, im not well versed in the world of audio. Gaming and listening to music, over ear, balanced, wireless is a bonus but not required

If you can swing an extra $30 or so, consider the Audio Technica ATH-M40X. They're well built and are arguably some of the best headphones you can get for under $100.

If you want to look around at some options, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, and Beyerdynamic are all usually pretty solid. You might not find a ton from Beyerdynamic in that price range though. AKG might have some decent stuff too.

I should've asked initially. Are you looking for something with a built in mic (a headset)? Or strictly headphones?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

If you can swing an extra $30 or so, consider the Audio Technica ATH-M40X. They're well built and are arguably some of the best headphones you can get for under $100.

If you want to look around at some options, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, and Beyerdynamic are all usually pretty solid. You might not find a ton from Beyerdynamic in that price range though. AKG might have some decent stuff too.

I should've asked initially. Are you looking for something with a built in mic (a headset)? Or strictly headphones?

a headset for now probably, as i also am looking into getting a dedicated mic

Spoiler

Behesda PC:

Spoiler

CrumpleBox:

CPU:

Mobo:

Memory:

HDD:

PSU:

Cooling:

4 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

1st: Cooler Master MH751 or MH752

2nd: Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpa (or and other HyperX Cloud like the Pro, II, Core, etc)

Just now, GrockleTD said:

In that case, check out the HyperX Cloud II https://amzn.to/2Y8NmVw or the SteelSeries Arctis 3 https://amzn.to/2JJcp8o

Alternatively, you could get the ATH-M40X https://amzn.to/2JIPWZi and grab a dedicated mic along with it.

If you just want a cheap mic for now, maybe get a lav mic (https://amzn.to/2SpZg8k). You could clip it to your shirt or the headphones and use that with them.

Or if you'd rather just jump right into a nicer mic, I've heard good things about the Samson Meteor (https://amzn.to/2Y8NKmW). It can stand on its own, or you can get a microphone arm such as this one from Neewer (https://amzn.to/2XWxDF7), then screw the microphone onto the end of it.

status audio cb 1. sivga 002,004,006, Creative aurvana live (the first ones not the second)

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> monoprice monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, AKG k240, AKG k52

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,

Bluetooth headphones I use: AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1060 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

If you're willing to use an external mic and spend a little bit more, get the Sennheiser HD 4.40. They sound very good (for Bluetooth headphones in that price range, anyway), look very professional, are quite comfortable, and have good battery life.

But yeah, the internal mic isn't very good. It's passable, sure, but maybe just drop $30 or so on something like a Neweer NW700.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

I think you shoud know your needs before you buy the headphones

Such as:
budget
Headphone wearing method: Over-head, in-ear, on-ear or portable
Music type
Preferred voice orientation: metal, JAZZ, NEWAGE or classical
Or you can learn more from some professional E commence website, learn more