Stutter/Lag

Jordanism

I am getting stutter lag, and even lag on games such as roblox, gmod or BO3.

I don't think I should be getting lag on roblox, neither half the games I play. 

If anyone can help me with this issue that'd be great.

-i5 8400

-1070 Ti

-16gb DDR4 2666MHZ

Do you have your video cable plugged into your motherboard rather than your graphics card?

What does cpu/gpu usage look like? Temperatures?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 minutes ago, Slottr said:
15 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Is the video cable my displayport cable or? And I think it's plugged into the graphics card. 

The temperatures are, for my front fan 433RPM, top fan is 1120RPM and CPU fan is at 5320RPM and it says it's 100%. I hope I gave you the right temperatures not that good at computers, sorry.

2 minutes ago, Jordanism said:

Yes, that is your display cable. Can you post a picture of the back of your computer?

Temperatures I'm look for are for the cpu and gpu- those are just fan RPMs

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

12 hours ago, Slottr said:

Try to use DDU and reinstall the drivers

I reinstalled all my drivers, yet no performance boost. Is it just my computer can't run this game or my hardware is messed up? I try to play that game but get below 40-50 fps. If you don't mind could you try playing that game to see how you do in performance? 

https://www.roblox.com/games/579211007/Stapleton-County-Firestone

3 hours ago, Jordanism said:

If you don't mind could you try playing that game to see how you do in performance?

Much easier for you to just play something else and see if it stutters/lags.

3 hours ago, Jordanism said:

Is it just my computer can't run this game or my hardware is messed up?

Your hardware is more than capable of running any game thrown at it. This could be a number of things. Have you tried playing games on the lowest settings? I know you don't want to play there but you can at least see if the stuttering/lag persists on the lowest settings.

10 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Much easier for you to just play something else and see if it stutters/lags.

Your hardware is more than capable of running any game thrown at it. This could be a number of things. Have you tried playing games on the lowest settings? I know you don't want to play there but you can at least see if the stuttering/lag persists on the lowest settings.

Yes, the games at the lowest settings do not have the issue except for GMOD. I still seem to have a stutter on there.

30 minutes ago, Jordanism said:

Yes, the games at the lowest settings do not have the issue except for GMOD. I still seem to have a stutter on there.

Then you know your issue is your graphic settings. You most likely have them all set too high. You have to find out which individual graphic settings are causing the stutter/lag and bump them down so that you can leave other graphic settings up.

As for GMOD, if there is a way to play GMOD offline(or in a solo match of some sort), see if the stuttering occurs offline(or in a solo match of some sort). If it only occurs when playing online in GMOD, then I would think the stuttering/lag occurs because of the combination of how the game is optimized in general combined with the amount of players inside your game and what they are doing in the game that is causing the stuttering/lag. Be sure to do this test on the lowest settings as well.

That video @Majestic posted should help you out with this a lot. It explains a lot of what I'm saying. You have to watch the entire video and listen to what he's explaining in the video. It may not explain the online aspect I speak of but it definitely explains other important things that you may not know of. Frame time goes a long way in terms of getting your games to play smooth as possible. And each individual graphic settings in a game play a very important role with smooth frame times. This I assure you. Screw ultra, stick to custom.

10 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

What do you think I need to upgrade to run on full graphics, my processor?

And I also ran BO3 today and nothing but stutter lag, it runs so smooth but has so much stutter then it crashed. I don't understand.

47 minutes ago, Jordanism said:

What do you think I need to upgrade to run on full graphics, my processor?

You don't need to run on full graphics, period.

48 minutes ago, Jordanism said:

And I also ran BO3 today and nothing but stutter lag, it runs so smooth but has so much stutter then it crashed. I don't understand.

On the lowest settings?

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

You don't need to run on full graphics, period.

On the lowest settings?

Yeah, but my CPU is probably trash.

And yes I crash on BO3 or it freezes when it's running smooth and at 200 fps.

Yeah, but my CPU is probably trash.

You have 6 cores and 6 threads, I only have 4 cores and 4 threads. Your CPU can clock up to 3.8-3.9 GHz while I can only go up to 3.0-3.2 GHz. Your CPU is beyond fine and better than my CPU. And I have zero issues with my CPU no matter what game I throw at it.

And yes I crash on BO3 or it freezes when it's running smooth and at 200 fps.

This sounds like you need to find a crash fix for BO3. Common in certain games and sometimes a fix can be tough to find. I'd start on YouTube simply by searching call of duty black ops 3 crash fix. Try each of the videos until you find a fix. Be sure to undo things that did not work and save any type of dramatic changes in separate files so you can change back to them if a fix didn't work for you. Remember that there's not always a universal fix. You will have to search until you find the one that works for you. You can start with these videos and go from there.

These two videos are the same fix. Two ways to go about doing them. First video shows how to do a simple change in the config file via a CTRL+F search. The second video shows how to add the command that may not appear when searching with CTRL+F. Hopefully this will work for you, seems like a common fix.