What glitch made you have something you didn't pay for.

I just got upgraded to win 10 Enterprise when I only paid for an upgrade to win 10 pro at the Microsoft store. So that made me think, have you made a purchase (or not), and got something that was supposed to be off-limits at the price you paid for. Ex, getting extra months on a membership, my windows ex, etc. You got something that you didn't pay for but is still better than what you did. The only rule is that it needs to be unintentional. No making new emails to get new trials for Netflix. What is your story?

I bought a PS4 online and it came in a PS4+Fifa18 bundle box. The box had a big sticker on it that said: "No game inside".

The game was still in the box.

I use win 7 oem keys on different pc's on win 10

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

one time while touring colleges, an on campus starbucks for some reason didn't charge us because of some glitch in their register because we tried to use some special offer

wow, thats a lot of bees!

I pirated Aperture when you had to pay for it, and for some reason along the way it got added to my account. 

uh not me:

amazon prime student membership trial still exists past 3 months

kicking an arcade machine gave me infinite credits so i got lots of stuff

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

There was this vending machine in high school that dispensed drinks, particularly ICY Tea. It ate my money one day so I got mad and punched it. A whole 1 USD in quarters fell out so I ended up getting my drink anyway. Later I learned that if you hit the machine in the right spot, money would come out of the change slot. So I never paid for drinks past the first 3 weeks of school. As far as I know, that machine is still there to this day.

AC 3. I spent a whole week unfogging every bit of frontier and New York, Boston and even the underground as YONG fucking connar , then met achilles to finally start my training with peace that i have dont all side missions and cleared all map at Sq 3 even before becoming Connor.

then it happened, when i met achilles. there was no FUCKING MUSIC, only dialogue and sound effects but no music, the only way to fix is was to start a new Save. A NEW FUCKING SAVE after i spent a whole week doing all the chores for nothing. 

my 2nd playthrough, used fast travel for everything. fuck it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I brought a set of drawers from a second hand shop and found $400 in cash under the lining.     

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not sure how this happened, but back in 2016 my phone provider was busy upgrading their data plans. What started out as a 5GB plan got upped to 6GB (intended) and then as a promotional thing for a weekend was doubled to 12GB (also intended).

Apparently they forgot to switch this off and when their 12GB plan was dropped a month or so after that in favour of a 20GB plan, I was lucky enough to upgrade to that.

Ordered 32GB of ram from Amazon... wasn't in the box with everything else.  Told Amazon who resent it... then I found the original had got stuck under a flap in the bottom of the box.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

I went to an atm before to take a hundred out, it just kept on spitting out notes, ended up with 1500 and only 100 came out of my accountz also went to buy smokes in a bar they usually cost 12 they were 1.20 I cleared out the machine

Last year i ordered an EVGA 750B3 PSU only because it was modular and decently priced.

Turns out it was the only one the store had available at the time and somebody managed to drop damage it pretty badly before packaging, so i was upgraded to a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Gold 650W unit.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I ordered a 4GB DDR3-1666 stick of HyperX Fury and it arrived, except I found out too late that it wasn't compatible with my old PC.

A few days later, and a second stick of memory arrived that I didn't pay for, and that's another DDR3 module that I can't use due to my old PC not being compatible with it, yay.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Placed an order for some switches, ended up with an extra couple that had no order attached to them.

One is now at my house :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Set of impact sockets.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

3 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Ordered 32GB of ram from Amazon... wasn't in the box with everything else.  Told Amazon who resent it... then I found the original had got stuck under a flap in the bottom of the box.

Damn, that's some shady shit. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 hours ago, Velcade said:

Damn, that's some shady shit. 

Given the number of delivery issues I've had with them (not Amazon's fault, but shitty delivery drivers) where packages have been dumped outside the house or thrown around the back... When my account is clearly marked as this not being acceptable and a neighbour will always take them in (stuff has been stolen in the past).

So every time it happens... especially if they leave stuff outside when I'm away. As soon as I see the notification that it's been left outside instead of with my neighbour... I complain. I point out that stuff has been stolen in the past and they have clear instructions not to do that ever again... and most of the time they immediately refund... Occasionally when I get home that evening or the following day... it's still there, some times it's not.

If they did what they were supposed too... I wouldn't have to complain... I think the message is starting to get through to the delivery drivers... as it's not happened in about a month or so now.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

3 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Given the number of delivery issues I've had with them (not Amazon's fault, but shitty delivery drivers) where packages have been dumped outside the house or thrown around the back... When my account is clearly marked as this not being acceptable and a neighbour will always take them in (stuff has been stolen in the past).

So every time it happens... especially if they leave stuff outside when I'm away. As soon as I see the notification that it's been left outside instead of with my neighbour... I complain. I point out that stuff has been stolen in the past and they have clear instructions not to do that ever again... and most of the time they immediately refund... Occasionally when I get home that evening or the following day... it's still there, some times it's not.

If they did what they were supposed too... I wouldn't have to complain... I think the message is starting to get through to the delivery drivers... as it's not happened in about a month or so now.

I one time ordered a new old stock MSI 990FXa Motherboard from Ebay. I have a long handicap ramp leading up to my porch, which has a roof over it. The asshat driver (USPS) left it at the bottom of the ramp in the pouring down rain. I complained to USPS but didn't get a refund or anything of the sort. Thankfully the board still worked (and still works to this day). But I heard later on through the "grape vine" that driver had been fired (not just for doing that either). Haven't had many issues since.

The only glitch I recall is the Apple Store one where if you had pre-App store versions of certain apps, the app store added them automatically to your account. This included trial versions. As I had previous versions of the software from an earlier mac, those got installed at some point and then automatically upgraded forward.

Oblivion. If you're on a horse, you can't sell your equipped weapon and, since I'm a mage-type, I went to sell my weapons and found that the merchant outside of Kvatch can't take your equipped weapon...

It was a nice day of destroying economies. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

I brought a set of drawers from a second hand shop and found $400 in cash under the lining.     

Once my father went to this small town with a gigantic river where lots of people would go for gold panning and he also bought some old furniture, it was an old desk made of this rare hard wood and later on hidden inside one of the drawers we also discovered a gold nugget.

Personally I bought a G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) Trident Z 3200mhz CL16 kit second hand for like 20 dollars from someone because it was dead, went through the Lifetime warranty deal with G.Skill... took me a solid month (because sent it to the US from Braizl) but eventually I got back for free the brand-new replacement.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)