Coolermaster mwe gold buzzing even when system is turned off

jcharlie96

I have a coolermaster mwe gold 550w power supply, I've had it for the past few months and it's always had a buzzing noise I wasn't worried about this until the other night when as I was going to bed I shut down my pc and then noticed that the buzzing was still pretty loud, I switched it off at the wall and then switched it back on and the buzzing was a lot less but still there. Does anyone know if this is a cause for concern? do I need to return it or will it be fine? I haven't had any issues with it apart from that although after I got it a few months ago I suddenly noticed coil whine in my gpu which I assumed was because of that.

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

does it sound a bit like this?

Not exactly the same but quite similar it’s quite low normally when the system is off and gets louder as it’s turned on and under load.

9 minutes ago, jcharlie96 said:

Not exactly the same but quite similar it’s quite low normally when the system is off and gets louder as it’s turned on and under load.

if it's something like that it's likely coilwhine

normally they don't rma for it, but you could try

it's not dangerous, just annoying

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

if it's something like that it's likely coilwhine

normally they don't rma for it, but you could try

it's not dangerous, just annoying

Thanks :) as long as it’s not dangerous I don’t really care, main reason I asked is I spoke to two seperate coolermaster support people and one told me that it’s fine and that even if I got it replaced the next one could have that problem to, and the other person told me it was abnormal and needed to be exchanged. 

Just now, jcharlie96 said:

Thanks :) as long as it’s not dangerous I don’t really care, main reason I asked is I spoke to two seperate coolermaster support people and one told me that it’s fine and that even if I got it replaced the next one could have that problem to, and the other person told me it was abnormal and needed to be exchanged. 

yeah... some have different knowledge and everything, it's normal to see some differences

but yeah, whining can happen with any psu, but mainly double forwards like my personal cxm