Windows 7 update hacks?

lexidobe

Hey I am wondering if anyone knows of a hack that allows Windows 7 users to continue to download free updates after January 14, 2020, like the hack for XP to download updates for the embedded version. I already checked and Windows Server 2008 R2 has the same end of support date that 7 does, so somehow downloading updates for that isn't an option. Thanks in advance!

Only way would be to purchase extended support. 

If there is an exploit, it's not something we'll help you with here. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Thanks. But to the best of my knowledge, a regular individual (like myself) couldn't purchase extended support even if I wanted to and could afford to.

8 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

And exploits would be come to known only after the support has ended. Didn't MS give 6mo extra to XP?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, lexidobe said:

Thanks. But to the best of my knowledge, a regular individual (like myself) couldn't purchase extended support even if I wanted to and could afford to.

Why do you want to continue to use Windows 7 anyways?

Quite frankly the only reason to continue to use Win7 is for those of us using Windows Media Center that MSFT provided for free with the OS.  I drive my television with this using a cable card tuner.  I plan to keep this PC running after the support date since it only has two functions:  cable TV and streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime and ESPN+   No other Internet activity.  the other two workstation PCs have already been updated to Win10 which is a fine OS and both are configured to delay updates and we have not had any problems to date.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

There has been one for Windows XP updates, so there could be for Windows 7. Don't know if there will be. Also, don't know if we would be allowed to discuss it here.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987