Ocz Agility 3?

Snickerzz

Is it a good ssd at 90$ for 120gb? I'll be useing it as a boot drive and probably put a couple games on it like Battlegield 3 and Far Cry 3. Other suggestions are welcome

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL042513&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL042513-_-EMC-042513-Index-_-SSD-_-20227726-L0B

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It's an SSD so it still really speeds up your computer. I used a 60gb one for a year and loved it as my first ssd. It won't win any speed test comparisons but its an ssd at a good price none the less. :)

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

The only thing is just make sure that 120Gb is enough. Other than that you will notice a huge difference in responsivness over a mechanical drive.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I'd avoid any SSD from OCZ that isn't a Vector or 4 series.  I've read reviews and experienced 2 3 series SSD's die within a year.

Summer build: I7-4770K @ 4.5GHz, 4x4GB (Alternative black/red) DDR3 1600MHz, HD 7970GHz Water blocked, XSPC res/pump combo, 2 dual 120MM radiators, Corsair 350D Case, Corsair AX860I 80+ Gold PSU, custom red individually sleeved cables, red tubing w/ silver/chrome compression fittings, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD, ASrock Z87 MATX professional board, and a Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard.

I'd avoid any SSD from OCZ that isn't a Vector or 4 series.  I've read reviews and experienced 2 3 series SSD's die within a year.

I had an 64GB PCZ Petrol that died after 6 months. Fortunately, OCZ replaced it with an Agility 4 for no extra cost

"An Excellent Signature"

I have two Agility 3's 240's in RAID 0, thought I had a problem with them but was something else, still rocking with them since Sept. 2012. Do upgrade the firmware if its out of date though, nice new tweaks.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yup, running an Agility 3 drive since October 2012, no problems. 120 will fill up faster than you'd like, if you have the money, go for larger capacity. 

I'm running an Agillity 3 since july 2011. The first months i got some problems, but after patching the firmware it's perfectly stable. 

There might be some better SSD (for the price) on the market now

I have the OCZ Vertex 4, as soon as it was released.

Solid, no issue. And I write intensivelly like no tomorrow on it, daily.

The reaosn why OCZ has had a bad rep, is because back when you had the Agility 3 and Vertex 3, there was during the early days, a problem with the SandForce controller, which got solved now. This affected all SSDs that was using the SandForce controller. As OCZ was the cheapest SSD at the time, huge amount of people bought it. So it's normal that you have a lot of people complaining about issues.

I have a agi 3

thing is freaking amazing! (it boots into windows faster than the time it takes me to stand up)

however, if its a boot drive you will have ~56 gigs free after installing windows (not including anything that is inside of program files) with windows 8 pro 64

i have installed about 3 small programs to my ssd and i have 53 gigs free (program files, and program files x86 are about 3 gigs worth of data), so I would not recomend installing games to that drive if you plan on installing programs on it (also, change your download location if you download stuff)

if you ask me, id say get the 240 gig version, that way you can have programs and 1 or 2 games on there without blowing your ssd away (before i reinstalled windows i had only 5 gigs free (only installed programs on that drive))

Woah" those claim are actually true? O_o

Thankfully i got vector a few months ago

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I have had this SSD for over 2 years now I believe..  Its still running strong and I really put it through its paces..  

I do get a feeling though that it is the cause of my occasional BSOD's (around 1 a month)

Its at a really good price point and if you can, throw 2 60gb ones in raid 0 and you will get crazy performance

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

I have OCZ Agility 3 for year or even more and its fine. Before you install OS flash firmware and it should be fine.