Cheap Tablet for just Note taking

I'm looking for a cheap tablet (around $300-$400) that I can take notes on for school. I want it to be a composition notebook replacement and I need to be able to write on it with some kind of stylus/tablet pen. I'm leaning towards the Samsung Tab A 10.1 (2019), but I'm not sure if it supports the kind of pen that I need. I need to be able to rest the side of my hand/palm while writing. This is a feature that I think only exists in the Microsoft surface book lineup and the newest iPad. I'm hoping I can get that feature in something a little cheaper.

Aa far as I am aware, all Ipads which suport the apple pen have palm rejection

EDIT:

there "school" IPad has Palm rejection

Source: apple.com search for "reject"

iPad.  If the Apple Pencil pushes you past your budget, the Logitech Crayon will be fine when you're just interested in taking notes; the Pencil's main advantages are for art.

Thoughts on the Huawei M5 Pro tablet with the M-pen? Apparently that has palm rejection as well.

I know the Galaxy Tab S4 has palm rejection, and comes with a very competent pen. It's about like $500 new for the 64GB version, and you can find it for $400 used/open box. It's a but pricey, but the Tab S6 comes out this August, so hopefully the price will drop. Plus, the Tab S4 has Dex, which will treat the tablet as a desktop computer if you decide to buy the keyboard that Samsung sells. Super productivity, good for notes and organization, art, etc.

I'm unsure if the S5e supports palm rejection, and pretty sure it doesn't come with a pen, but it is in your price range

Graphic Design + Gaming Machine:

CPU: i7-8700 GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM CASE: Phantek P400 Tempered Glass

On 7/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, RamboPenguin said:

Thoughts on the Huawei M5 Pro tablet with the M-pen? Apparently that has palm rejection as well.

Given that Huawei's Android support is in doubt thanks to the US, I wouldn't.  You don't want to be stuck with a tablet running an old, insecure OS version due to politics.