iPhone X Space Gray Stainless Steel Rainbow

Arcana

Hi. i bought a second hand iphone x everything works, but the problem is the space gray color of stainless steel band on the iphone x is getting discolored both side to side has a Rainbow Color except on the top and bottom. not really noticeable i still see the color black of stainless steel. its just mixed rainbow color it looks like burn.

PS: Picture is just a sample like i said only on Side to Side. Top and Bottom is fine

fsiFieGl.jpg

https://madeincookware.com/blogs/beyond-the-burner/the-dreaded-rainbow-stain-and-how-to-fix-it

Its heat tint, it can be cleaned but it may strip the paint so anything I link is done at your own risk, the silver iPhone X's are easier to clean because the sides arent painted. Just look up methods for cleaning stainless steel, you might find a better method than the one linked I didnt look for long

5 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

https://madeincookware.com/blogs/beyond-the-burner/the-dreaded-rainbow-stain-and-how-to-fix-it

Its heat tint, it can be cleaned but it may strip the paint so anything I link is done at your own risk, the silver iPhone X's are easier to clean because the sides arent painted. Just look up methods for cleaning stainless steel, you might find a better method than the one linked I didnt look for long

so is this normal for having a discolored stainless steel band? and i dont have to worry? so my phone is fine? nothings wrong?

On 7/16/2019 at 3:34 PM, Arcana said:

so is this normal for having a discolored stainless steel band? and i dont have to worry? so my phone is fine? nothings wrong?

Nothing is wrong, it can be cleaned

18 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Nothing is wrong, it can be cleaned

thanks alot.

• 9 months later...

Did you know how to fix it yet?