how to access wireless router's interface from a wired pc connected to the modem?

fael097

hey, I have a modem from my ISP, and my PC is connected via cable to it. modem's ip is 192.168.25.1

I also have a tp-link wireless router connected to the modem, it's ip is 192.168.1.1

I can access the modem's interface from my pc via it's ip, but not the router's.

I can only access the router's interface from a device connected to the wi-fi network, or if I attach a cable directly into the router.

technically they are in the same network, so how do I access it from my pc?

Why not just connect your PC to the router instead of to the modem? Then you should be able to access both the modem and router without issue.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

because the router is far way so the whole house has wi-fi signal. there is only one cable going from the modem to the router, and it's not an option drilling holes on the walls to get another cable to the router

If you configure your router as access point (which disables 192.168.1.0 network) it will ask your modem for an ip address and end up on the 192.168.25.0 network. Then your router is on the same network as your pc and you should be able to access it.

Physically they are the same network, virtually they are not. It's very likely you are using a /24 subnet. This makes the first 3 octets of the IP address range your network and the 4th for your clients. This means 192.168.25.0 is one network and 192.168.1.0 is another. Devices on these two different networks cannot directly communicate. What you can do is set the wireless router to bridged mode. This will disable the router function. Wireless Clients will then get IPs from your Modem.

Also, if you connected the Modem to the Router's WAN interface you won't have any ability to access the WebUI as it is not available over the WAN port.