So the Radeon VII is discontinued already......

BecauseICanTBH

no, it means no one wants it.

Just becuase its discontinued, doesn't mean people want it.

Not much of a market for rare cards like a 390X2, even though that sold wayy less than a Radeon 7

yeah and you can still buy it, they made like 5000

I mean obviously.. Radeon VII was a filler and it sucked, they were just trying to get rid of MI50 stock, there was no custom cards even, all the signs that it wouldn't last

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Make sense since 5700 XT perform similar to Radeon VII in gaming performance and doesn't cost an arm and leg to produce. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Also was reducing sales of their Pro range graphics cards because it was better than all of them and way way cheaper. On Linux is can also use the Pro drivers so I think it probably was costing them a lot of money in Pro sales. Navi is almost as good at gaming so made sense to end sales.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

3 hours ago, Madgemade said:

Also was reducing sales of their Pro range graphics cards because it was better than all of them and way way cheaper. On Linux is can also use the Pro drivers so I think it probably was costing them a lot of money in Pro sales. Navi is almost as good at gaming so made sense to end sales.

That's interesting. I admittedly don't really know dick about graphics cards. I was about to spend $1500 on one of their pro cards and then went with the Radeon VII when it came out.

Does that mean....... I chose wisely?

45 minutes ago, BecauseICanTBH said:

Does that mean....... I chose wisely?

Yes. Unless you need a feature which is only available as part of the Pro drivers (that are not available on the Rad VII).

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

10 hours ago, Madgemade said:

Yes. Unless you need a feature which is only available as part of the Pro drivers (that are not available on the Rad VII).

But if I were to use Linux, I'd be able to use the pro drivers if I wanted to?

8 hours ago, BecauseICanTBH said:

But if I were to use Linux, I'd be able to use the pro drivers if I wanted to?

Not exactly. On Linux there is no normal consumer driver and a "pro" driver. There's a pro driver that can be installed for 3d work and compute (but is worse than built in drivers for gaming) then there is another driver for machine learning and running CUDA compatibility (called ROCm). Both of these drivers support Radeon VII. I think the MI50/MI60 have some extra features for machine learning but otherwise there are no driver restrictions on Linux.