Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tesco value smurf

how to get rid of yahoo on firefox

Try reinstalling whole browser. You can also go with advanced settings and make sure default search engine is changed from there.

Posted · Original PosterOP

hey guys, i use firefox and my prefered search engine is bing (please dont roast me) but lately when ever i startup firefox first thing i see is yahoo, now this is incorrect for 2 reasons i use bing and i have it set to where when ever i startup firefox it just shows a blank page. im not sure why it is doing this, but im trying to get rid of it. i started out by going to firefox settings and making sure bing was my default search engine and that all other search engines where removed. this didnt change much. then i went to file explorer and just searched up "yahoo" and deleted litterly 2 files with yahoo in its name, that didnt change anything. please help.

Deleting files won't do anything to change the default home page as that had to be changed within the browsers settings and if it is set correctly then I would suggest disabling any addons to see if anything installed an update that is bypassing your defaults without altering them.

Posted · Best Answer

Try reinstalling whole browser. You can also go with advanced settings and make sure default search engine is changed from there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv