Dropped pc, everything works fine. Air cooler?

YuppityYap

So i just accidentally dropped my pc (i made sure connections and stuff were all good and my pc turns on fine) Not from a big height, but i have one of those beefy air coolers and supposedly they succumb easily to stuff like that so i thought id just run a stress test to make sure its still cooling my cpu well because it woild be a pain in my ass to check to see that its mounted right(its really hard to take off with all the whole pc connected up. The thing is im not sure if a stress test works as a solution to check such a problem since my pc faces with the motherboard upwards and therefore, by gravity the cooler is pressing on the cpu. I ran the stress test and thermals are very good and cool. Do you think i should go back and check the cooler or is this solution fine? 

I've dropped my PC before and I run a tower air cooler so I can relate to you.

You should definitely take a quick look inside and give it a nudge to make sure the cooler is still on snug and nothing is warped.

If during your stress test you didn't notice any unusual temperatures compared to before you dropped your PC, you should be absolutely fine.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Physically check the cooler and motherboard. The shock from a drop with a large cpu cooler might cause your board to crack or warp. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Physically check the cooler and motherboard. The shock from a drop with a large cpu cooler might cause your board to crack or warp. 

Board and cooler are in one piece. Is there a chance that it came a bit detached? 

1 minute ago, YuppityYap said:

Board and cooler are in one piece. Is there a chance that it came a bit detached? 

As long as they are still screwed on and nothing appears broken, you're good.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

25 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

38 minutes ago, seoz said:

I've dropped my PC before and I run a tower air cooler so I can relate to you.

You should definitely take a quick look inside and give it a nudge to make sure the cooler is still on snug and nothing is warped.

If during your stress test you didn't notice any unusual temperatures compared to before you dropped your PC, you should be absolutely fine.

Despite the fact that the mobo is facing upwards and not sideways? 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, YuppityYap said:

If the cooler detached, your temps would be far from fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.