Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YuppityYap

Dropped pc, everything works fine. Air cooler?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i just accidentally dropped my pc (i made sure connections and stuff were all good and my pc turns on fine) Not from a big height, but i have one of those beefy air coolers and supposedly they succumb easily to stuff like that so i thought id just run a stress test to make sure its still cooling my cpu well because it woild be a pain in my ass to check to see that its mounted right(its really hard to take off with all the whole pc connected up. The thing is im not sure if a stress test works as a solution to check such a problem since my pc faces with the motherboard upwards and therefore, by gravity the cooler is pressing on the cpu. I ran the stress test and thermals are very good and cool. Do you think i should go back and check the cooler or is this solution fine? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dropped my PC before and I run a tower air cooler so I can relate to you.

 

You should definitely take a quick look inside and give it a nudge to make sure the cooler is still on snug and nothing is warped.

 

If during your stress test you didn't notice any unusual temperatures compared to before you dropped your PC, you should be absolutely fine.


Aesthetics Goddess & Light Theme User

How to pronounce "seoz" - Think 'hose' but replace the 'h' with an 's'

 

 

My Custom PC Build Log  |  My Brother's Custom PC Build Log  |  PC Rig Photography

 

i5-8600K | Deepcool Neptwin White | Asus Z370-P | Corsair LPX 16GB | Asus GTX 1060 3GB | 500GB Crucial P1 + 240GB Crucial BX500 | NZXT S340 | Corsair CX450M

Link to post
Share on other sites

Physically check the cooler and motherboard. The shock from a drop with a large cpu cooler might cause your board to crack or warp. 


print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Physically check the cooler and motherboard. The shock from a drop with a large cpu cooler might cause your board to crack or warp. 

Board and cooler are in one piece. Is there a chance that it came a bit detached? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YuppityYap said:

Board and cooler are in one piece. Is there a chance that it came a bit detached? 

As long as they are still screwed on and nothing appears broken, you're good.


print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

 

 

38 minutes ago, seoz said:

I've dropped my PC before and I run a tower air cooler so I can relate to you.

 

You should definitely take a quick look inside and give it a nudge to make sure the cooler is still on snug and nothing is warped.

 

If during your stress test you didn't notice any unusual temperatures compared to before you dropped your PC, you should be absolutely fine.

Despite the fact that the mobo is facing upwards and not sideways? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, YuppityYap said:

Board and cooler are in one piece. Is there a chance that it came a bit detached? 

If the cooler detached, your temps would be far from fine. 


If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×