Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elardoven

$700-$800 gaming build continued

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

A few weeks ago, I got a few recommendations for a $700-$800 build for a gaming pc, as a friend of mine is looking to get into pc gaming. Here is the thread: 

 

Another friend of mine upgraded his computer recently and has been looking to sell some of the parts of his old one. He's looking to sell an i5-4460, an MSI Z97 motherboard, an NZXT S340 case, 8gb of ddr3 1600 ram, and an R9 390 for $450. Would it be better to purchase entirely new parts, or to buy these parts for $450 and then finish that computer? My friend has no problem on the parts being used, just wondering what the better deal is. Thanks! 

 


My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elardoven said:

A few weeks ago, I got a few recommendations for a $700-$800 build for a gaming pc, as a friend of mine is looking to get into pc gaming. Here is the thread: 

 

Another friend of mine upgraded his computer recently and has been looking to sell some of the parts of his old one. He's looking to sell an i5-4460, an MSI Z97 motherboard, an NZXT S340 case, 8gb of ddr3 1600 ram, and an R9 390 for $450. Would it be better to purchase entirely new parts, or to buy these parts for $450 and then finish that computer? My friend has no problem on the parts being used, just wondering what the better deal is. Thanks! 

 

No, those parts are not worth $450.


PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 5 2600 - ASRock B450 Pro4 - G.Skill Trident Z (8x2 3000MHz) - Intel 660p Series 512GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - NZXT H500i - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

 

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial BX500 480GB - MSI RX 570 GAMING X - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

 

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Seagate Barracuda TB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elardoven said:

A few weeks ago, I got a few recommendations for a $700-$800 build for a gaming pc, as a friend of mine is looking to get into pc gaming. Here is the thread: 

 

Another friend of mine upgraded his computer recently and has been looking to sell some of the parts of his old one. He's looking to sell an i5-4460, an MSI Z97 motherboard, an NZXT S340 case, 8gb of ddr3 1600 ram, and an R9 390 for $450. Would it be better to purchase entirely new parts, or to buy these parts for $450 and then finish that computer? My friend has no problem on the parts being used, just wondering what the better deal is. Thanks! 

 

not worth what he's asking for.

small change to my list:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($104.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($42.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.88 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($207.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($40.50 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Dell - S2419HGF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Redragon - S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  ($29.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $802.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-13 00:48 EDT-0400


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

not worth what he's asking for.

small change to my list:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($104.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($42.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.88 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($207.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($40.50 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Dell - S2419HGF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Redragon - S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  ($29.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $802.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-13 00:48 EDT-0400

Why not go fr the r5 2600? Just $25 more.

Also, this board will be slightly better as it is $10 cheaper than what you have recommend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PCKcCJ/asrock-b450-pro4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-pro4


PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 5 2600 - ASRock B450 Pro4 - G.Skill Trident Z (8x2 3000MHz) - Intel 660p Series 512GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - NZXT H500i - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

 

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial BX500 480GB - MSI RX 570 GAMING X - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

 

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Seagate Barracuda TB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Also, this board will be slightly better as it is $10 cheaper than what you have recommend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PCKcCJ/asrock-b450-pro4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-pro4

forgot this was cheaper, @Elardoven change the board to this and case to an aero-300.

 

2 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Why not go fr the r5 2600? Just $25 more.

if he's willing to pay a bit extra, sure.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×