Graphics card under $60

im_poor

I have a crappy prebuilt PC and I need a new graphics card because my integrated graphics sucks at games like gta v, overwatch, pubg and csgo but I only have $60 to spend

My specs:

i5 6400

8gb ram

500gb hdd

Dell something motherboard

My friend gave me a 500 watts evga power supply to use. I have a 1080p acer monitor but I dont know what gpu to buy

I considered amd r9 380 or 380x on ebay 

any other suggestions?

3 minutes ago, im_poor said:

I have a crappy prebuilt PC and I need a new graphics card because my integrated graphics sucks at games like gta v, overwatch, pubg and csgo but I only have $60 to spend

My specs:

i5 6400

8gb ram

500gb hdd

Dell something motherboard

My friend gave me a 500 watts evga power supply to use. I have a 1080p acer monitor but I dont know what gpu to buy

I considered amd r9 380 or 380x on ebay 

any other suggestions?

What country are you in?

Also, Welcome to the forum.

2 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

What country are you in?

Also, Welcome to the forum.

i'm in US and thanks

Look on your used market for the RX 460, RX 560 or GTX 750 Ti. If you score a really good deal on eBay and your PSU has a 6-pin (it should), you could land an RX 570 for $60 before shipping.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Look on your used market for the RX 460, RX 560 or GTX 750 Ti. If you score a really good deal on eBay and your PSU has a 6-pin (it should), you could land an RX 570 for $60 before shipping.

I looked at this listing on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-R9-380X-45-AMD-Radeon-R9-380X-DD-XXX-4GB-GDDR5-Graphics-Video-Card/303214016986?epid=1075330495&hash=item4698f6b9da:g:3NsAAOSwAUJdH7VM

the R9 380x is more performance than those ones

1 minute ago, im_poor said:

It is more performance than all but the 570. That being said you need to make sure your psu can handle it. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

It is more performance than all but the 570. That being said you need to make sure your psu can handle it. 

ihave evga 500bq

1 minute ago, im_poor said:

Lots of things to consider here. First off, does you Dell board support a standard 24-pin ATX connection? Or will you need a PSU adapter? Second, will that card physically fit in your case or on your board? Some Dell boards, particularly Optiplexes after the -90 series, put SATA connections and USB 3.0 in places where you can't install anything bigger than an ITX card. That's a pretty tall card, too. Will it fit in your case?

The R9 380X is going to be faster than anything I suggested except the RX 570. If you can squeeze a few more pennies and get a 570 for $75 (possible with Best Offer) and it fits your case and mobo, that's your best choice.

Just now, im_poor said:

ihave evga 500bq

Then it should be fine. I had a gtx 960 and it was a decent card and the 380 is slightly better so it should be a good choice in that price range. If you can find an rx 470 or 570 used for a similar price I would go for that but the 380 is a good option. 

If you can get that for under 60, great.

If you had a generic 500w supply that might be borderline, but an evga one should be ok.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Lots of things to consider here. First off, does you Dell board support a standard 24-pin ATX connection? Or will you need a PSU adapter? Second, will that card physically fit in your case or on your board? Some Dell boards, particularly Optiplexes after the -90 series, put SATA connections and USB 3.0 in places where you can't install anything bigger than an ITX card. That's a pretty tall card, too. Will it fit in your case?

The R9 380X is going to be faster than anything I suggested except the RX 570. If you can squeeze a few more pennies and get a 570 for $75 (possible with Best Offer) and it fits your case and mobo, that's your best choice.

the dell mobo is standard atx layout in a xps case which is pretty big

Just now, im_poor said:

the dell mobo is standard atx layout in a xps case which is pretty big

Should be fine then. Just pop open the case and make sure there's nothing sticking out behind the PCIe x16 slot. Usually it's the USB 3.0 port or SATA ports, but SATA ports can be worked around with right-angle connectors and brute force.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Should be fine then. Just pop open the case and make sure there's nothing sticking out behind the PCIe x16 slot. Usually it's the USB 3.0 port or SATA ports, but SATA ports can be worked around with right-angle connectors and brute force.

ok thanks

i tried my friend's 1060 and it fit good

If you could stretch your budget a bit, another option you could have is a 70$ (+shipping) RX 470 "mining edition" card from eBay, here's an example: LINK

The downside is that it has a single DVI port, which means you're limited to a 1920x1200 ... you can use a passive DVI to HDMI adapter to get HDMI.

If there's compatibility issues, you will probably be able to flash the card with a regular bios, there's plenty of documentation out there.

Anyway, if you're not technical, a card like the 40$ one suggested a few posts above would make more sense for you.

28 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

That card runs very hot. The XPS case only has 1 fan (exhaust). You may run into heat problems on the whole system

20 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

That card runs very hot. The XPS case only has 1 fan (exhaust). You may run into heat problems on the whole system

I have some arctic f12s i could use