Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fullmetalmisery

no option to select 144hz

Posted · Original PosterOP

got a new graphics card (2080ti) a 3m long displayport cable and a new monitor. the problem is that i cant set that damn thing to 144hz no matter what i do. 

new invidia drivers, new windows drivers.i caan select 120hz on invidia and windows. any help/tips?

Have you looked through monitor's settings to see if its set to 120Hz by default?

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

12 minutes ago, fullmetalmisery said:

yea, its on 144hz (default)

Is the DP Cable you bought the correct generation that supports 144hz on your resolution? Also if the monitor came with a DP cable try that one and see if it let's you do 144hz. Then you'll know if it is the cable.

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is the DP Cable you bought the correct generation that supports 144hz on your resolution? Also if the monitor came with a DP cable try that one and see if it let's you do 144hz. Then you'll know if it is the cable.

it is a 1.2DP cable, this shouldn't be the problem either. conntacting NVIDIA live assistance right now, maybe they know something

5 minutes ago, fullmetalmisery said:

it is a 1.2DP cable, this shouldn't be the problem either. conntacting NVIDIA live assistance right now, maybe they know something

Well trying the cable that came with the monitor would be a troubleshooting step. It would help you rule out if it is the cable or not, the one you bought could be falsely advertised or even just a cheap cable. The one that came with the monitor should be the correct one for the monitors resolution and refresh rate I would try it just to be sure it's not a problem with the cable.

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |