Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rossu

(solved!) Can't enter BIOS with GPU installed

Posted · Original PosterOP

Putting together a new computer. Without a graphics card, I can enter bios and mess with settings just fine. With a graphics card (Evga GTX 1070 SC) I can't do anything. It stays on the Gigabyte splash screen where it says "del to bios config" etc.

Without a gpu, I changed InitDisplayFirst to PEG (for pci-e graphics, right?) and saved. I turned the pc off, installed my 1070, and I get the same problem. I can't enter any options, bios setting, boot menu, q-flash (whatever that is), etc. Now I can't get video with integrated graphics.

If it matters, my numlock key lit up when I was using integrated graphics, and it didn't when I tried booting with the 1070.

Hardware: Intel i5-3470, Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 

Edit: Motherboard update solved the problem.

4 minutes ago, You are a dum bass said:

simple if you want in the bios just pull the card an plug it in once the system is power on and in the bios.

Didn't know if I could do that or not

1 hour ago, You are a dum bass said:

simple if you want in the bios just pull the card an plug it in once the system is power on and in the bios.

doesn't look right to me.

I don't think the GPU (PCI) is hot plug.....

CPU:i7 9700k 4.9Ghz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 2500Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, SSD mushkin chronos 120GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK600-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung P2470HD Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014 Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

6 minutes ago, You are a dum bass said:

give it a try and find out.

Seemed to work 100% except no video.

12 minutes ago, You are a dum bass said:

pcie is hot plugging. not sure about pci, i can't see op using pci.

Yep. What should I do about this situation? I can't get video if I don't have the card in, and I can't get video with it in. Would getting a new battery "reset" it somehow

1 hour ago, Rossu said:

Yep. What should I do about this situation? I can't get video if I don't have the card in, and I can't get video with it in. Would getting a new battery "reset" it somehow

PCIe is NOT hot pluggable, DO NOT follow that guy's instruction, he's a troll that we just banned.

Please ONLY insert a GPU when the PC is powered off, or else you risk damaging something.

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

The Community StandardsPSU Tier list | PSU Whitelist

10 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

PCIe is NOT hot pluggable, DO NOT follow that guy's instruction, he's a troll that we just banned.

Please ONLY insert a GPU when the PC is powered off, or else you risk damaging something.

Welp too late. I don't think I broke anything though