USB Hub, good or bad?

Tiago8v

Hey guys!! ;)

I'm upgrading my computer, and I dont wanna all the USB 3 and 3.2 ports with devices such camera, mousepad, etc... is it bad or it's harmful somehow to the board to have a usb hub to one of the USB3 por and connect everything there?

Does it will cause lag to the mouse, keyboard or headset?

If you think its a good option, what should I get, USB type-C hub, a normal USB2 or an USB3?

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

It's not damaging. 

It shouldn't really cause any input delays with mouse and keyboard, but to be honest, I'd have them connected directly to the PC rather than through the hub. 

USB C is just a connector, so it doesn't really make a difference. Go for the highest version USB you have available for the hub. You could go for a multi-purpose one that has things like an SD card reader as well if you want. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's not damaging. 

It shouldn't really cause any input delays with mouse and keyboard, but to be honest, I'd have them connected directly to the PC rather than through the hub. 

USB C is just a connector, so it doesn't really make a difference. Go for the highest version USB you have available for the hub. You could go for a multi-purpose one that has things like an SD card reader as well if you want. 

Thanks!

So, main devices to the motherboard, and the rest to an hub, is it better?

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

Just now, Tiago8v said:

Thanks!

So, main devices to the motherboard, and the rest to an hub, is it better?

High bandwidth and power ones to the motherboard, mainly (unless you get an externally powered hub). 

For the mouse and keyboard, it shouldn't make a difference, but I'd personally have them connected directly to the motherboard because it makes me feel better. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

High bandwidth and power ones to the motherboard, mainly (unless you get an externally powered hub). 

For the mouse and keyboard, it shouldn't make a difference, but I'd personally have them connected directly to the motherboard because it makes me feel better. 

Ok, got the point! :)

Many thanks!! 

• 2 weeks later...

There is only one legit USB-C/USB-A hub out there currently that every port is USB 3.2 Gen2 (10gbps) compatible. VertexHUB made by juiced systems. Works with both USB-A and USB-C ports which is pretty versatile.

VertexHUB