Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DXSAM9057XD

New Build for Low Experience Builder

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hello experienced builders of LTT,

 

I am a novice builder with only one previously built computer. My current daily driver is a Scan 3XS "custom laptop" sporting an i7 x GTX 1060 x 16GB ram. I am currently looking to replace it with a mid size tower ideally. My budget is £12-1400 and I am open to both Intel and AMD. My main priorities are both gaming (mostly FPS R6 Seige etc) and some design work with the Adobe ecosystem. This is my first solo build so I am open to any and all suggestions.

 

Currently I am looking at this - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XJ7G7W but again I am open to change.

 

Any and all help is appreciated,

Regards

Sam

 

**Edit, got an old 1200W PS and a Samsung 120GB 840 EVO SSD in storage

Edited by DXSAM9057XD
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see an SSD in the list, do you have one already? If not, toss in an SSD like a 250GB Samsung or something. It will definitely help out a ton.


Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log:

Prior Build Log:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the Ryzen 3600, change B450 to Tomahawk, upgrade RAM to a minimum of 3200MHz and get the 5700XT over the 2070.. And throw an SSD in there, that's extremely important for any workload.. 


Ryzen 3700X + VIII Hero w/ Radeon VII + 3600 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

Get the Ryzen 3600, change B450 to Tomahawk, upgrade RAM to a minimum of 3200MHz and get the 5700XT over the 2070.. And throw an SSD in there, that's extremely important for any workload.. 

 

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

I don't see an SSD in the list, do you have one already? If not, toss in an SSD like a 250GB Samsung or something. It will definitely help out a ton.

 Updated to add, totally forgot to add in my current SSD / PSU haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, DXSAM9057XD said:

 

 Updated to add, totally forgot to add in my current SSD / PSU haha

Also with the above input from ch3w2oy I have made up this little list 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×