Asrock x99 Gigabit Lan throttled down to Fast Ethernet in Windows 10

Bruno Ricardo

Hi, this is a rather old problem I'm trying to solve.

I have two x99 mobos, Asrock x99 Taichi and Asrock x99 Fatality, both have almost identical specs and of course, the same driver issues in Windows. What happens is that after first booting Win10 I simply cant get past the 10mb/s when transferring files in the network, which anyone would assume that its simply a problem with cables, router, network config, etc. But to fix this I just need to turn off the adapter in the control panel and turn it on again. After that everything works as it should, maxing 110mb/s Gigabit. 

One thing that I noticed when the bug is active is that CPU gets very busy, like bottlenecking the transfer speed, but I have different CPUs so I guess it seems to be a driver issue. To prove my point I ran an Ubuntu Live usb and of course, full speed transfer right after booting.

I already tried several different drivers since 2016, which all solved temporally the problem after installing them, to bug again after rebooting.

Obs: Transfer speed is throttled both when trying to copy to/from my Freenas server and between PCs.

Can someone shine a light here? Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Bruno Ricardo said:

Hi, this is a rather old problem I'm trying to solve.

I have two x99 mobos, Asrock x99 Taichi and Asrock x99 Fatality, both have almost identical specs and of course, the same driver issues in Windows. What happens is that after first booting Win10 I simply cant get past the 10mb/s when transferring files in the network, which anyone would assume that its simply a problem with cables, router, network config, etc. But to fix this I just need to turn off the adapter in the control panel and turn it on again. After that everything works as it should, maxing 110mb/s Gigabit. 

One thing that I noticed when the bug is active is that CPU gets very busy, like bottlenecking the transfer speed, but I have different CPUs so I guess it seems to be a driver issue. To prove my point I ran an Ubuntu Live usb and of course, full speed transfer right after booting.

I already tried several different drivers since 2016, which all solved temporally the problem after installing them, to bug again after rebooting.

Obs: Transfer speed is throttled both when trying to copy to/from my Freenas server and between PCs.

Can someone shine a light here? Thanks!

To be honest, your time that you spend is probably more valuable than tplink gigabit card, that works pnp

2 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

To be honest, your time that you spend is probably more valuable than tplink gigabit card, that works pnp

For sure, but as I plan to upgrade the network to 10gbe, for now I don't mind restarting the adapter, its just something that bugs me.