Yoga book or iPad Pro?

Fadednova

I am currently looking for a new tablet, i am currently thinking about getting a Yoga book c930 or an iPad pro, I would like to watch content, draw, take notes for school, do some web browsing, very light video editing, writing essays and light gaming (think minecraft), What would you guys say is a better tablet to save up for?

10 minutes ago, Fadednova said:

I am currently looking for a new tablet, i am currently thinking about getting a Yoga book c930 or an iPad pro, I would like to watch content, draw, take notes for school, do some web browsing, very light video editing, writing essays and light gaming (think minecraft), What would you guys say is a better tablet to save up for?

i personally have the ipad pro 2018 and while ipadOS is a bit restrictive on your ability to do different things,the few things it CAN do it does them great(think drawing,taking notes,consuming content and video editing)

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You plan to write essays with the onscreen keyboard?

The ipad using the smart keyboard (Ive done it before its actually not bad.) and the e ink board on the yoga book.

iPad Pro.

Drawing is better on iOS (iPad os soon). ProCreate is really mighty. And much cheaper than Photoshop.

Note taking is by FAR the best on iOS, due to the most note taking apps. GoodNotes 5 and Notability are the best and most popular.

MS One Note is okay, it has some interesting features, but overall, i think GoodNotes / Notability do more things better.

Also... Many say, Apple Pencil > Anything else. Especially with iPadOS, where they reduced the already market leading 20ms latency down to 9ms (wonder if i'll feel any difference..).

Windows does have the edge, if you're into Office. Like typing ALOT.

And that's where the Yoga is bad too, because it does not have a Keyboard at all. it's a "digital keyboard", doesn't feel different from any software keyboard (i have to say, Apple's auto correction is incredible). Which means, while Windows would be better for pure Office, especially THIS Device isn't because it's missing an actual Keybaord.

And the Yoga isn't even cheaper. So even with a cheap Bluetooth Keyboard, the iPad won't be more.

I personally think, if you're not the super small niche, for which the Yoga is perfectly made for, a MS Surface pro with Type Cover + Surface Pen would be a better choice.

If iPadOS is enough for the type of writing you will do, iPad > All.

The performance in everyday usage, and the 120 Hz screen makes it superior to use than even most high end Notebooks.

However, the price for this is: It's still a mobile OS, which comes with limitations. No x86 applications for you!

But for pure digital Note taking with a pencil + drawing... iPad > All.

Consider a Logitech slim folio keyboard, or even the (high quality, but also expensive and heavy) Brydge Keyboard.

Or any third party model for much cheaper than those 200€ apple keyboard..