Should I Be Worried? (PC No Boot)

Venoms
Go to solution Solved by Caennanu,
16 minutes ago, Venoms said:

Was the first boot just a one off due to the power coming back on and messing with it

My geuss, since it was an unexpected shutdown, is that windows was doing a file check in the back.

By interrupting that, it probably thought it was completed and booted to windows the 2nd time without doing it and thus being fast.

But regardless, i would check out if the outage was general (thats not clear from what you're saying) or if it was only the pc.

If the latter, i'd check the power supply at the least. If the first, then i would maybe invest in a UPS if it happens frequently.

So I was doing some late night gaming on my new PC and randomly boom my power goes out, 20 seconds later it comes back on. All my stuff turns on including my PC and monitors, the PC was stuck on the windows booting screen with the spinning circle below, it was there for a good minute or two before I turned off the PSU as it was weird that it was taking so long. I booted it up and it went into windows like it normally does. My PC was hooked up to a Belkin power strip (not sure if it’s a surge protector) that has a green protected light on it. Was the first boot just a one off due to the power coming back on and messing with it or do you think there was hardware damage? Just worried as I built this yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Venoms said:

Was the first boot just a one off due to the power coming back on and messing with it

My geuss, since it was an unexpected shutdown, is that windows was doing a file check in the back.

By interrupting that, it probably thought it was completed and booted to windows the 2nd time without doing it and thus being fast.

But regardless, i would check out if the outage was general (thats not clear from what you're saying) or if it was only the pc.

If the latter, i'd check the power supply at the least. If the first, then i would maybe invest in a UPS if it happens frequently.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

7 hours ago, Caennanu said:

The outage was my whole entire house, my pc turned back on, boot took forever, turned off, turned on, working.