Replace Or Fix Stereo?

orangecat

I have a really old Technics SU-V75 its a very nice solid state receiver no tubes or anything and it has amazing sound quality. The amp is rated for 110Wrms @ 8Ohms x 2. It is by far one of the best receivers I have ever herd considering its about 26+ years old and new costs about 2k. I normaly use it to drive some big floor standing Technics speakers but when i'm not I use it as a headphone amp. Lately I have had allot of electrical issues witch is when i turn it on sometimes the power light comes on then right off. I can get it to come on if I tap the power button (I will include video). It also has a problem when i switch inputs sometimes it dose not output and the led for each input flickers. Honestly i would love to fix it up and make it work like new again but I have no clue if I even can I mean its over 25 years old. If I can't repair it can anyone recommend me a good receiver that is very very clean has a built in headphone amp and is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQwoopDbIE&feature=youtu.be

I would definitely repair it. If you don't want to repair it, I'll certainly take it :p

I would definitely repair it. If you don't want to repair it, I'll certainly take it :P

I see what you did there!

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I'd probably buy some deoxit and spray it in the switch. It should clean the contacts and have it working properly.

otherwise you'll have to replace the switch.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I bought an Onkyo A9377 nothing special, around the 500$ mark, it's nice and gets it's job done.

But if I was you, try to fix it that thing is awesome O.o

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Love the old Technics gear, i would defiantly be trying to repair it. It might be worth seeing if you can find an electronics repairer that does free quotes?