Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrandygets

PC wont boot after 3600 install

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a ASRock AB350M Pro4 MB and installed a 3600 on it. And I flashed the latest BIOS too. But the PC just power cycles on and off on and off etc. Please help

Either the flash didn't work properly or you have a defective CPU.

Does the old CPU work?

-アパゾ

7 minutes ago, APasz said:

Either the flash didn't work properly or you have a defective CPU.

Does the old CPU work?

Yes the old Ryzen 3 1300x works fine.. I flashed the BIOS twice.. And cleared the cmos also.

19 minutes ago, mrandygets said:

I have a ASRock AB350M Pro4 MB and installed a 3600 on it. And I flashed the latest BIOS too. But the PC just power cycles on and off on and off etc. Please help

Likely reconfigured your boot drive after the bios flash. Try changing OS drive to boot first. Likely nothing to do with the CPU change.

Just now, Minidak said:

Likely reconfigured your boot drive after the bios flash. Try changing OS drive to boot first. Likely nothing to do with the CPU change.

The PC doesnt even post the ASRock screen... So, I can not change anything in the BIOS.

You sure that motherboard will support Zen 2 even with a flashed BIOS? I remember hearing that some would not.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Gaming | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz x 16GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Noctua NH-D9L Dual Fan | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Noctua 200mm (modded) and 80mm fans | Thermaltake Core V1 (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

3 minutes ago, mrandygets said:

The PC just powers on for like 10 seconds then shuts off. Then it powers up for about 15 seconds and repeat.

Clear CMOS? 

1 minute ago, Minidak said:

I wouldn't think so. But they did rush them so who knows ?

I dont want to send it back for another one. If I am not 100% sure that is the issue. I have no way to test the 3600.

Have you tried with only one stick of ram in there at a time? I’d go thru everything possible before sending it back. 

Did you check the bios version after flashing it to make sure it went thru. Also are you sure your cpu cooler is mounted right? My friends 1600x did the same thing because the cooler wasn’t mounted right, it would start and turn off 

CPU:  Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo: Msi X470 gaming plus max 

Cooler: Corsair h100i rgb platinum 

Fans: 6 Corsair sp120 rgb pro 

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx5700xt 

Ram: 32gb Corsair rgb pro ddr4 3600mhz 

Case: Corsair 220T 

PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Storage: 1Tb WD nvme, 500gb Wd Blue SSD, 2Tb seagate barracuda mechanical drive 

Display: Viotek Gft27DB 27 inch 1440p 144hz

Mouse: Logitech G703

Keyboard: Razer ornata chroma 

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

Have you tried with only one stick of ram in there at a time? I’d go thru everything possible before sending it back. 

Did you check the bios version after flashing it to make sure it went thru. Also are you sure your cpu cooler is mounted right? My friends 1600x did the same thing because the cooler wasn’t mounted right, it would start and turn off 

Yes I did try to boot it with 1 stick of ram... It didnt boot. And I am 99.9% the fan is mounted correctly...

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Sorry. The BIOS flash went through. I checked this in the BIOS and with CPU-z.

Hmm this is really weird. I just did a cpu swap like this on a b450 tomahawk and the first boot took a minute but everything ran fine. 

I haven’t heard of anyone getting a DOA cpu, trying to think of what else it could be 

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

Hmm this is really weird. I just did a cpu swap like this on a b450 tomahawk and the first boot took a minute but everything ran fine. 

I haven’t heard of anyone getting a DOA cpu, trying to think of what else it could be 

I greatly appreciate any and all help... If it wasnt for bad luck, I would have no luck at all...:-) Thank you for your time. 

Have you put the old cpu back in to make sure everything is running fine? If not I’d put the old cpu in and double check your bios in case there was another update. I updated mine before Sunday since it said support for ryzen 3000 series then there was another update on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Have you put the old cpu back in to make sure everything is running fine? If not I’d put the old cpu in and double check your bios in case there was another update. I updated mine before Sunday since it said support for ryzen 3000 series then there was another update on Sunday. 

I am on the same PC right now with the old cpu which is a 1300x... And I have the latest BIOS according to ASRocks web site.

The pins look fine on the new cpu? This is really weird. A simple cpu swap should just work with the bios updated 

1 minute ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

The pins look fine on the new cpu? This is really weird. A simple cpu swap should just work with the bios updated 

Pins look perfect.. I know this is very weird.

I wish I could help you out with this but I’m lost. There’s no reason for it not to work. The old set up worked and still does, you updated the bios like you were supposed to. 

Maybe you got a dud cpu, I’ve never seen it happen but anything is possible