Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Symbolls

How can i reset windows without reinstaling the operating sistem on my laptop

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i have a laptop with realy low disk space on C and i dont now how to make it beger bechose i have on D a lot more space but as far as i now i cant do that without a reinstal of windows but i dont want to lose my linces wat can i do pls

20190712_004958.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

you can reinstall without losing your licence, esp with new laptops where the key is stored in the bios and will auto activate.

 

Id just get a program that should what is using all the space and remove large files.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Low space on disk? So move some of your files to second drive or partition. How reset can help in this case?

 

You can also remove D partition and extend C partition using MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Low space on disk? So move some of your files to second drive or partition. How reset can help in this case?

 

You can also remove D partition and extend C partition using MiniTool Partition Wizard.

i tryd but it dosent allow me

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you can reinstall without losing your licence, esp with new laptops where the key is stored in the bios and will auto activate.

 

Id just get a program that should what is using all the space and remove large files.

how can i check if the key is in the bios ( i have dell inspiron 7577)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Symbolls said:

i tryd but it dosent allow me

 

You have to actually delete the D partition. If you don't have any data on there that you care about, you can delete it and resize C to whatever you want.

 

2 minutes ago, Symbolls said:

how can i check if the key is in the bios ( i have dell inspiron 7577)

 

It's baked in, you don't have to do anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

You have to actually delete the D partition. If you don't have any data on there that you care about, you can delete it and resize C to whatever you want.

 

It's baked in, you don't have to do anything.

and how exacly can i delet the drive bechose it dosent allow me to remove the letter

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

In Disk Management, right click on the D:\ partition and select "Delete Volume"

Cant do that ether

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Remove the page file that's on it.

so formating the drive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Follow what's in https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html , but set do the "No paging file" option for the D:\ drive.

i did evrything and still dident work

i give up

thx for your help i realy apriciete it

now i have to fige out hot to restart windos to stock or somting like reseting a phone to factory settings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask some more experienced friend for help maybe. This is really not that hard, but you doing something wrong. Also - do you have MiniTool Partition Wizard installed as I suggested? I bet that you just ignore that advice. The same about paging file.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×