Installing an HDD as a secondary drive

Naxy
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

(Assuming you use Windows):

You just plug it in, go to Disk Management, right click the HDD, create new volume (or simple volume? something like that) assign a drive letter and you're done.

You may want to relocate your Documents, pictures, etc. folders to a different folder on your HDD though and for example set your internet browser of choice to download to that HDD.

Hi all!

So I was planning on installing a 1TB HDD drive as a secondary drive for files, such as large images and such. My main drive is a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD. I was wondering how does that work for installation? Is it just plug play?

Thanks for your help!

You just plug it in, go to Disk Management, right click the HDD, create new volume (or simple volume? something like that) assign a drive letter and you're done.

You may want to relocate your Documents, pictures, etc. folders to a different folder on your HDD though and for example set your internet browser of choice to download to that HDD.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Seems easy enough! Thanks for your help!