PG27UQ help

thedemoncowboy

I just got my PG27UQ monitor, and I don’t know how to get the right settings. 

I marked 144hz, but top right days 60hz is there a way that I have to change settings on the PC?

also, to change the brightness I do it on the actual monitor correct? Does anyone know any sweet spots settings that would be nice ?

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

Are you competetive gamer?

Set high brightness!

Do you want your eyes to have pleasant experience?

Adjust it to lighting in your room. I used to have low brightness to save my eyes, but because it was harder to read, it actually made my eyestrain worse.

To change monitor settings, right click on desktop and select the screen settings (dunno how it's called in English, you'll find it)... if you are using Win 10.

2 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

Are you competetive gamer?

Set high brightness!

Do you want your eyes to have pleasant experience?

Adjust it to lighting in your room. I used to have low brightness to save my eyes, but because it was harder to read, it actually made my eyestrain worse.

To change monitor settings, right click on desktop and select the screen settings (dunno how it's called in English, you'll find it)... if you are using Win 10.

Yes I am but where do you change the HZ

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

Just now, thedemoncowboy said:

Yes I am but where do you change the HZ

What’s the best setting for gaming 

Right click on desktop and go to NVIDIA control panel.

Under Display > Change resolution, you should be able to see the refresh rate. Change it there.

Hit save.

If you do not see 144hz, in 3. Apply the following settings. > mark "Use NVIDIA color settings.

In Output color format select YCbCr422. Hit Apply.

Now you should be able to see 144hz. Select and apply.

Also right click the desktop again and go to Display Settings. Turn on "Play HDR games and apps" to take advantage of HDR if you want.

You'll see a display adapter or something. Go to those settings and there's resolution & frequency modes ranging from
1024x800 30hz

1920x1080 144hz

etc.

I have RTX 2070 and this settings in Windows 10 is somewhere on the desktop when you right click it next to "customize" tab.

13 minutes ago, dmtzcain said:

Right click on desktop and go to NVIDIA control panel.

Under Display > Change resolution, you should be able to see the refresh rate. Change it there.

Hit save.

If you do not see 144hz, in 3. Apply the following settings. > mark "Use NVIDIA color settings.

In Output color format select YCbCr422. Hit Apply.

Now you should be able to see 144hz. Select and apply.

Also right click the desktop again and go to Display Settings. Turn on "Play HDR games and apps" to take advantage of HDR if you want.

Thanks for your help!

Just now, thedemoncowboy said:

Thanks for your help!

Hope that worked.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, dmtzcain said:

Hope that worked.

Cheers!

What’s the best settings for games 

13 minutes ago, thedemoncowboy said:

What’s the best settings for games 

Depends. If you can push over 120FPS  at 4k. 144hz config and with (if the game supports it) HDR as I mentioned before is best.

24 minutes ago, dmtzcain said:

Depends. If you can push over 120FPS  at 4k. 144hz config and with (if the game supports it) HDR as I mentioned before is best.

How do I enable HDR? What is another 1440 p equivalent to 16:9